cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Under couch storage in Minnie Winnie 25b

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Today I got a bug when I was cleaning out the under couch storage. It took me awhile to even realize I had this area in our new to us RV. But accessing it was a pain. I was going to leave the cover off when someone said it helps to keep the storage from sliding out. It hangs over the metal edge of the frame with two large metal hooks. Had to lift the couch and lift the cover out of the way. Decided to try hinges instead.
After several tries to get the height of the hinge at the correct spot, I finally had the panel on hinges. I added a wood leg to help hold it open. If I had another locking hinge I would have used that but I only had one. I had enough parts and screws to cobble this together without going to the hardware store.

On one side I used a locking hinge that I had hoped to figure out where to put a counter extension.

On the other side I drilled holes in the metal stand for a hinge. I had to find the right depth for the hinges by trial and error. I added a hinged leg to holdup the weight of the piece when open.

The couch front on hinges made it easier to clean the floor underneath but that chore took me all day.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021
1 REPLY 1

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Well done!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad