cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Macerator and Drop-Ins

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
Always learning at this RV game - Couldn't figure out why I kept having to clean my macerator so much and finally realized what I was cleaning off the blades was the plastic remnants of the drop-in chemicals for my black tank. I guess I assumed the plastic just degraded when in water for a week+ but I guess not. Definitely switching to liquids or powder packets now.
3 REPLIES 3

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
For what it's worth, we've been using those Walmart enzyme packets with the clear gel -- just drop it in and it dissolves. The gel packets do not bother our FloJet macerator at all.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cap full of Calgon Liquid Water Softener and a cup of Dollar Store PineSol Cleaner is all you need, along with plenty of water.
They're holding tanks unless you leave your Poo in there all season most chemicals won't do much.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Give Happy Camper a try. Get powder and best product I've ever found.
There, is of course, the argument that you don't need any chemicals if you use enough water, but from time to time I will throw a bit in there.