cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold 510.3 - kit 633291

tomve
Explorer
Explorer
Recently my optical display board stopped working on my Norcold 510.3 refrigerator. I understand there is a replacement kit (Norcold #633291) is available as the original optical board is no longer available. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with replacing the optical board with this new kit? Does the refrigerator need to be removed from it's location in the camper to install this kit? Any insight would be much appreciated. TIA
'13 F350 CC SRW 4x4 PS SB
'04 Lance 820
3 REPLIES 3

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Call this guy. He got my fridge up and running in a half hour, He had to reprogram the optical board ( If you get the NO CO error twice it has to be reprogramme). He is up on 88 in Pioneer but it would be worth it to talk to him Kris Knapp of Knapptech 9165830618
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

tomve
Explorer
Explorer
Follow-up: The installation of the Norcold kit (#633291) went in fairly easily. For those unfamiliar with this kit, it includes new main board, new optical board, & wiring harness. In my case, I did remove the refrigerator from the encloser (made access to the optical board much easier).

With all that said, I continue to have issues with the refrigerator. Original problem was no functions working on the control panel (Temp/Mode/On,Off). With the installation of the new kit, I now have the ability to turn refrig. on & off, but no Temp & Mode function. The camper is attached to shore power & has a strong DC voltage. The refrig. cools down properly on the propane setting. Just no ability to change modes or temp. Any suggestion on what could be the problem and/or suggestions on what i could check?
'13 F350 CC SRW 4x4 PS SB
'04 Lance 820

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
tomve wrote:
Recently my optical display board stopped working on my Norcold 510.3 refrigerator. I understand there is a replacement kit (Norcold #633291) is available as the original optical board is no longer available. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with replacing the optical board with this new kit? Does the refrigerator need to be removed from it's location in the camper to install this kit? Any insight would be much appreciated. TIA

The optical board swap is fairly straight forward. its only involves taking off the faceplate (4 phillips screws) on the front of the fridge. I did it on my 641.3 a few weeks ago. The only issue is that the new pigtail that mates up to the fridge is different but the end on the curicut board is the same as the old one. You pop the board out of the new module unplug the new pig tail plug in the pigtail from the old board put the circut board back in place and plug that back into the fridge then remount the system. If you are going to do this get a new thermister while you are at it

I'm in Livermore if you need help figuring it out. I replaced the cooling unit, power board, thermister, optical board and high temperature sensor of my fridge in the past year. Basically I have a brand new fridge at 1/3 the cost of a new unit.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags