Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Refrigerator-No Circulation

Bird_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings,
Just resolved one problem on my RM2192 and another unrelated problem popped up which is probably more serious. The burner box/tube is hot and the absorber is cold. Classic symptoms of no circulation. I turned the fridge upside down for a day and tried again and the problem continued. My plan of action is to now rotate it often and frequently tap on the tubing with the handle of a screwdriver for about a week and then try again. Am I just wasting my time? Is the fridge a goner? I bought it new in 1984 and have gotten my moneys worth out of it but my counters were built around it and it would be a major problem to install something different. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob
7 REPLIES 7

Bird_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I will do that when I get back home.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your friend and any local people cannot do the repair. It takes special parts and a Ammonia charging station. What I would do is contac one of the Refer cooling unit rebuilders on the Internet and ask if they could rebuild your model if you send it to them. Doug

Bird_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks,

Since it appears no one makes a replacement cooling unit for a RM2192 I will probably have to have a friend cut and weld. Exactly what has to be removed and what is the best place to get an replacement? Is the whole coil usually bad or can I just replace a section? Who can do the recharging? Sorry for all the questions but this is all new territory for me. Any other advice you think would be helpful will be appreciated.
Bob

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Tapping and rotating the refer is called "Burping". NEVER WORKS---NEVER. If not a leaker, then it is blocked. Tapping and turning over and over just manually realigns the Ammonia. Once it starts circulating again the blockage will return. The blockage is INSIDE the upper coil close to the evap. It is as hard as a weld and can only be repaired by cutting out the upper coil and welding a new upper coil. Then recharging. I would buy a new replacement. Doug

https://www.dometic.com/en-us/outdoor/food-and-beverage/refrigerators/rv-refrigerators/dometic-rm-21...

Bird_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. Iโ€™m in the process of searching now. My concern is that my small fridge is an old low production unit that is not profitable for them to produce.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
^Agree, replace the cooling unit. IMO, your just wasting your time. You have more than gotten your moneys worth at that age.

Jerry

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can replace the cooling loop. Search Dometic RV fridge Amish replacement.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH