cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Refrigerator

Jerry_2
Explorer
Explorer
My Dometic refrigerator check light on control panel keeps coming on. What could be the problem?
1 REPLY 1

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
listed in no particular order, since no real info given.. ๐Ÿ™‚ Also assuming you have turned on the propane and you have gas in the cylinders..

No gas
No electric
Bad main board

You have to start eliminating the different modes of how it runs too.

By that I mean, does it do this on gas when plugged in to shore power or just on battery?

Does it do it when set to "auto" and you are plugged in?

Does the light come on immediately, or after it's cooled down enough to start it's 'cycling' mode?

My Dometic fridge from being BRAND NEW would work fine thru the first cycle of cooling either on gas or electric (auto). But, once it cycled and need to run again, that's when the check light would come on.

I found it only did this when plugged into shore power on gas or electric.

Unplug from power, letting it run on gas on the batteries and it would cycle normally..

This was back in mid 2019 before covid.. They said it would take a week to get me in, then they would have to "diagnose" it and then order any parts and then wait for those to come in..

Well, I had it's first camping trip planned about 2 weeks and just asked if they could order a new main board and I'll put it in.. Well, they wouldn't do that since they had to "diagnose" it first for any warranty work..

I checked online and got a new main board from Amazon in 2 days for around $100.

Put it in and it's been working great ever since. Best $100 I've spent and about an hours worth of time and just bypassing the "warranty" work on it..

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.