cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

goosebox

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
Selling my fifth wheel and potential buyer is talking about the goosebox pinbox. Anyone with one or knowledge of the goosebox?
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK
16 REPLIES 16

GMH
Explorer
Explorer
Beaker wrote:
Don't know why some folks think that I am to buy his hitch.

Tell him or any potential buyer what you want for the trailer and it is up to them to figure out how to tow it.

Rollochrome
Explorer
Explorer
I would have had the trailer sold to someone else by now
1999 Saved By Grace Alone Thru Faith Alone! Thank You Jesus!
2019 F-350 LWB 6.7 4wd XLT-FX4-3.31 on Michelin Defender LTX M/S
2022 3850BH Cruiser South Fork on Carlisle CSL 16

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
My truck only had a gooseneck ball before I purchased my 5th wheel. I purchased a B&W companion (to go with the B&W turnover ball), now I can tow both easily and properly. I have both types trailers, so works great for me...

tommyznr
Explorer
Explorer
Beaker wrote:

The initial question and additional info you have provided suggests you have skin in the game. Otherwise, I guess its a "why do you care?" kind of question or you are just curious maybe?
Tom

2017 GMC Sierra SLT, Max Tow package
2018 Grand Design Reflection 295RL

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Cruiser 26RK

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
I would tell him; you buy the trailer; it is up to you to get a properly equipped tow vehicle. Tell him the trailer sale is.."AS IS".

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Rollochrome
Explorer
Explorer
Beaker wrote:
Rollochrome wrote:
What exactly is the buyer wanting you to do about the current hitch?

He has a ball in his truck. Looking at adapter and hitch, quoted $3000-3800. Goosebox looks to be around $1750 and maybe (my guess) $300-400 for install.
Already dropped as low as I will go for fifth-wheel.

Oh!

He's trying to get you to buy him a Reese Goosebox because he doesn't want to spring for a B&W Companion for $1000 or any other solution on his own.

So he's using his own tow vehicles limited ability to pull a 5th wheel and his unwillingness to purchase appropriate equipment as a negotiating point against you.

Ok well after I finished laughing at him, I know what MY response would be, but I'm sure you are a lot nicer of a fellow than I am.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been researching the Goosebox and like what I am seeing. Whenever I see someone at the campground with one, I make sure to ask them their experience. Just ran into someone in Tennessee last week with a Goosebox, he LOVES it. Says it rides great. He said he didn't notice any improved ride quality over his 5th wheel hitch, but he likes that he has the free bed and no 200# hitch to worry about.

Other people I've talked to say that the ride is better with the Goosebox, no chucking. I know some people with the 1st gen Goosebox had complaints about the airbag losing pressure, apparently that has been fixed with the current model.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
I'm surprised no one has suggested he consider an Andersen Ultimate Hitch - especially if you're talking about the trailer in your signature which looks to be fairly light weight.
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

Endricken
Explorer
Explorer
Check out
Sphitch.com
Retired USAF
Silver 05 Dodge RAM LB CTD Dually 4Speed Auto SWD 3.73, Westin Sportsman Grill & Taillight Guards,Husky Mudguards, Retractable Ball Hitch, Onboard Air & Horns, MaxBrake - towing 2005 Keystone Montana Big Sky 3670 with Star Performance adapter

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
Rollochrome wrote:

He has a ball in his truck. Looking at adapter and hitch, quoted $3000-3800. Goosebox looks to be around $1750 and maybe (my guess) $300-400 for install.
Already dropped as low as I will go for fifth-wheel.
2010 Cruiser 26RK

Rollochrome
Explorer
Explorer
Beaker wrote:
Selling my fifth wheel and potential buyer is talking about the goosebox pinbox. Anyone with one or knowledge of the goosebox?

Endricken
Explorer
Explorer
I had one of the earliest ones and it failed due to a very bad freeway pothole and broke my frame
Lippert would not replace within the 12 month warranty
Glad to be rid of it as the airbag puffed out air and had to be refilled inconveniently after every 2-300 mile tow on typical Highways AND the need to grease the coupler before every tow
Retired USAF
Silver 05 Dodge RAM LB CTD Dually 4Speed Auto SWD 3.73, Westin Sportsman Grill & Taillight Guards,Husky Mudguards, Retractable Ball Hitch, Onboard Air & Horns, MaxBrake - towing 2005 Keystone Montana Big Sky 3670 with Star Performance adapter

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
I know two people that took the Goose Box off and went to a conventional 5er hitch with a Mor/Ryde pin box. They did not like the mess hooking up and it did not ride as well as a good 5er hitch.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot