cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coachmen Leprechaun slide motor came out

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
2019 C and the gear drive that deploys the driver side slide has managed to get outside the body. This is the bottom gearbox. There is a shaft coming down from the top gearbox and it is still inside the body but gradually comes outside toward the bottom gearbox. The rubber gasket is torn all the way down from the shaft coming through.

Strange thing is that there is no apparent damage to the wall at the bottom where the gearbox is outside. There doesn’t appear to be any easy way to get it back inside.

If I didn’t know better, I would say it came that way from the factory.

Anyone ever see anything like that?

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog
4 REPLIES 4

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
To all Lipper - Schwintek owners

The first video provides information and techniques to retract a slide and you might need this knowledge some day. The second video in the above post shows how and why to lubricate your slide. Plus a lot of other information concerning Schwintek slides. Long utube video but excellent.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Very good news – I found these 2 videos that provide a lot of information on your slide problem. Watch the first video which is about motor repair but gives much insight into the second one which details how the H frame, gearbox/shaft/motor and vertical wall piece all tie together. The gearbox is held in place by the verticle wall frame ie The black vertical piece on the left of your picture that is rivited to the wall. The not so good news. I’m convinced that you will need to replace all of these componets which come from Lipper as a kit. Lipper purchased Schwintek. Perhaps the other slide side will also need to be replaced.

Suggest you contact the video tech, send him your picture and ask how go get your slide in plus offer to pay him if not go to WA for his repair shop. At the very least get his recommendation for a good tech near you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxEYSstvICI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQPIrVaSOlk

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
It appears that the gear box is not completely outside of the metal verticle wall edge. If so it might be possible to brace and move it and the slide to get it retracted so you can drive for repairs. The slide may be cocked and there may be skipped teeth for the gear.

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
WOW! Apparently the retaining screws/bolts came loose/out and the gear box came out when the slide was retracted. The slide might not be aligned with the wall (in/out or rotated), measure to find out. Try a small slide extension while watching to see if the gear box moves in.

Also find out how the gear box and shaft is replaced when broken. It may involve removing inside trim, cabinets, etc.

I would also find out how you manually retract the slide with a failed motor which might help to resolve the problem.

Bob