cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

05 Fleetwood Discovery chassis ????

brianseay1
Explorer
Explorer
Friend of mine is looking at a 2005 Fleetwood Discovery. Rig looks great, really been taken care of. But I noticed when the coach is sitting on the frame with air ride bags deflated you can barely get your fingers between the left rear tires and the body. The right side has plenty of clearance. I know on my coach I do not have this problem. It just seems odd that it would sit like this. Is this normal on the Discovery ? it is a one owner coach, and it has never been wrecked or damaged. But this would worry me if it were mine. Told my buddy let me check around on here and see if anyone else has ever came across something like this. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Brian & Neena & B.G.
B.G. 2014 Goldendoodle
2007 Coachmen Cross Country 389DS
300 HP Cummins Turbo Charged
03 Sahara Jeep Wrangler & 05 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
2014 800 RZR4
Roll Tide Roll
6 REPLIES 6

oldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
Have the ride height checked out, I had the same problem with my Fleetwood Providence

brianseay1
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m thinking it could be, just wanted to get some feedback from others that may know more about it.
Brian & Neena & B.G.
B.G. 2014 Goldendoodle
2014 800 RZR4
Roll Tide Roll

Bruce_Brown
^^^ Agreed. Sometimes its just how its sitting.

Ours sometimes will sit a bit funny when the air is out.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

brianseay1
Explorer
Explorer
Or could it just ne the way the body shifts on the air ride bags when they deflate ? Going to check the ride height valve/rods to see what they measure. The coach only has 19,000 miles on it. The man that owns it is selling it for his mom. His parents bought it new and his dad passed away and it has been garaged since then. It has been sitting for quite some time.
Brian & Neena & B.G.
B.G. 2014 Goldendoodle
2014 800 RZR4
Roll Tide Roll

brianseay1
Explorer
Explorer
Would that make it sit further to one side than the other ? its kinda like the axle is off center. I know its not, but that's what it makes me think the way sits.
Brian & Neena & B.G.
B.G. 2014 Goldendoodle
2014 800 RZR4
Roll Tide Roll

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
He needs to check RIDE HEIGHT.

Contact his chassis maker for where to measure and the specs.

Could be nothing more than a rod that came loose so the ride height valve is not functioning properly.

This needs to be addressed before driving, or suspension/driveline damage can occur.

The ride height valves and set up are the same on OTR trucks, so nothing RV-unique here.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/