cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FDR state park campground in Georgia

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed at FDR state Park campground? My ship's reunion is Columbus,Ga in September 2023 and I was interested in staying there. One more question. Does the lake have aligators?
6 REPLIES 6

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Be sure to take in the National Civil War Naval Museum with its display of ironclads from the Civil War. It's in Columbus, Georgia, and is a really neat museum. We went on a search one year of ironclads and found this museum which is a real gem. You wont' be disappointed.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gators are very likely in GA. They are all over the place in SC as well. Santee comes to mind along with Huntington Beach state park.
Puma 30RKSS

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding the gators, speak with the park staff and locals, and they will give you an idea of where the most gator activity would be; also ask about timber rattlers and water mocassins if you go hiking. They will have colored photos in the office in order that you may differentiate between venomous and non-venomous snakes. It's a beautiful place, especially in spring when the azaleas are in bloom.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been there twice myself. Very nice.

Check out little White House while you're in the area.

Lots to do for sure. You'll have a great time.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice park. Weโ€™ve stayed there twice, once in December during a snow and hard freeze. Allowed us to run water 24/7 to keep our and their pipes from freezing. Close to Calloway Gardens too.

david1601
Explorer
Explorer
It is one of the better state parks in GA. Some sites have sewer and all with Electric and water. Sites are pretty good but if you have a big rig you will want to choose wisely. Lots to do in the area. White Springs and Callaway Gardens come to mind.

I really doubt the lake has any alligators but it is in the south. I would not worry one second about the gators.
2018 Tiffin 34PA
2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailblazer

David & Ellen
Foley AL