cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need some help with Fox Landing

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 2021 AF 990 at a good price used very slightly that has the Fox Landing. I very quickly decided that I didn't like it (to put it mildly). I want to either modify it so there is more room on the deck and the tiny steps.or get rid of it and replace it.Has anybody done this?
5 REPLIES 5

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
you could remove the landing that folds up, leaving that large rear bumper, than build a little deck out of western ceder that folds up and covers rear door.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We really like ours, it allows us to enter and exit the camper safely while pulling our trailer. Very handy.

Bedlam
I didn't opt for it on my 2012 Arctic Fox since my trailer tongue jack interfered with it folding down. I wanted the least amount of extension for my heavy trailer which also eliminated some of the other brands that had deeper deck-style bumpers.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
It would be nice if it was larger, but Ranger Tim is right. I find it just enough for me. Its awesome for towing as you can easily still use it with a trailer hooked up.

If you do decide to replace it, you can bet it will sell fast.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

Ranger_Tim
Explorer
Explorer
The Fox Landing is useful to those with a desire for a minimal parking lot profile and should be easy to remove and sell. Lots of Northwood campers were sold without it so there is a good market for them.
Ranger Tim
2006 F-350 Super Crew King Ranch SRW Bulletproofed
2016 Wolf Creek 840
Upper and Lower StableLoads