cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

seattle to crater lake NP

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
suggestion for routes to travel from seattle/tacoma to crater lake NP, traveling in MH Jeep as toad
thanks
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.
4 REPLIES 4

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
If you can dry camp check out Broken Arrow CG NFS N43ยฐ 08.051' W122ยฐ 08.777'. They take reservation. Broken Arrow is better than Diamond Lake NFS CG.

Either campground the mosquitoes will be happy you visited.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would suggest a different route. I-5 to North Vancouver,WA, I-205 to US 26. Visit Timberline Lodge north of Government Camp (toad only) Continue east to US 97. South on US 97 to south of Chemult.
Lots to see along US 26 and US 97!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

br549
Explorer
Explorer
Most direct route is I5 south to just below Eugene, Or. From there depends on where you plan to stay in or near the park. If you do not plan to take the MH to the lake rim, I would not use the parks north entrance. If you prefer I5, take it to Central Point and then follow signs to Crater Lake which will bring you to the south entrance which is where the Mazama campground. Or, can catch hwy 58 just past Eugene to hwy 97 to Chiloquin and then cross over to hwy 62 and back up to the south entrance to the park. I have done all three routes in MH towing our edge without difficulty.

There are some long climbs no matter which route you take. I grew up and lived in Fort Klamath in the 50's and 60's and worked for the park service as a truck driver in the summer. Gorgeous place, I always tried to arrange to eat lunch somewhere around the rim. If you are capable of hiking down to the lake, take the boat ride if they are still operating. You see things from lake level looking up that you can't appreciate from the rim drive although you will certainly want to do that as well.

Have a great time.
Gerry & Louise
2007 Tiffin Phaeton 36 QSH
2018 Ford Edge Titanium

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
If you can dry camp check out Broken Arrow CG NFS N43ยฐ 08.051' W122ยฐ 08.777'. They take reservation. Broken Arrow is better than Diamond Lake NFS CG.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos