cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schwintech slide system

johned
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, right off the bat my new Northwood Nash 23D had the Schwintech slide jamb up on me. Got the factory to replace it and it seems to be doing fine now. However, in my research on the net I've found lots of horror stories about the system. I know most postings are about problems and not successes, however, I would like to hear from anybody who has NEVER had a problem with their Schwintech slide and what they've been doing to keep it that way.
13 REPLIES 13

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
johned wrote:
Hey, right off the bat my new Northwood Nash 23D had the Schwintech slide jamb up on me. Got the factory to replace it and it seems to be doing fine now. However, in my research on the net I've found lots of horror stories about the system. I know most postings are about problems and not successes, however, I would like to hear from anybody who has NEVER had a problem with their Schwintech slide and what they've been doing to keep it that way.

Never had Schwintek but I've had hell with my cable slides if it makes you feel better?

bighonkinf350
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2016 Nash 23D,as yet to have any issue with the slide. I try to keep it clean & lubricated,so far works fine.
'04 F350,6.0 PSD,3.73,5 spd Torqshift,Lariat,CC,LB,SRW,Lund Lunar visor,Firestone Ride Rites,
2016 Nash 23D with Cummins/Onan onboard generator & Sit'n Sleep option

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Our Camplite 21BHS is 9 years old and has the Schwintek system. We've never had a problem over those 9 years and counting. As others have stated, it works great for smaller slides (like our camper) and problems arise when misapplied to large heavy slides.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have one in our bedroom slide on our Northwoods. 5 years and absolutely no problems. The biggest problems with these slides is as stated, wrong application and user error.

Make sure you hold the button for 5 seconds after the slide stops moving.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
That slide system has been revised several times and the latest iteration works well. Mine is 4 y/o and has never had an issue.
I would not hesitate to buy another.

johned
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to those of you who addressed my concern. You were helpful.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
PButler96 wrote:
Oh Nooooo, a broken Northwood product, we'll I never.

why don't you go play with a table saw and remove the guard first. lol

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
Six years and many many miles, open and closed hundreds of times. Never had a lick of problems. Lubed as required and run all the way in, all the way out holding button about 5 seconds after it stops.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III
Same camper as you. No problems here. As mentioned, don't stop part way in/out. I've read elsewhere to hold the power 2-3 seconds beyond what you perceive as the end of slide travel going in or out.

The part you lube is not the part you see on the side of the slide, just keep it debris free. The part to lube is hidden behind the seals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXw9I_DoAvI
2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is a youtube vid on the 3 main slide systems.. The video is 'indexed', so you can ff to any part that interests you, but he goes over the Schwintech slide system along with cable and rack and pinion slides..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkgYjoijTNI&t=3s
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
What we do, put shims under the slide when we travel that way it does not bounce around when you travel, and don't overload the drawers and keep it lubed. Never have had a problem.

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
Oh Nooooo, a broken Northwood product, we'll I never.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of the horror stories are from folks who has the system horribly misapplied by the engineers at the manufacturer. Schwintech had very specific design guidence about where their system should be used, some manufacturers used it in slides that were twice as long and 4x as heavy as specified. Your single dinette slide should most likely be fine. Lube it as called for in the manual, don't stop with the slide partway in or out, keep the bulb seals treated and it should give you many years of service.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH