cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Awning cover ?

1Longbow
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you who have replaced their awning covers ,could you recommend a manufacture, and what should I look for . Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I put a Shadepro awning on when I replaced mine. Time will tell whether it will stand the test of time. Been on there 3 years and still looks great.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
ktmrfs wrote:
If your talking about awning material, Tuff Tops. Great product, great service, much higher quality material than the factory material.
If your talking about slide out covers, same answer

I'll second Tough Top Awnings. Their products are excellent.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

debrhardt
Explorer
Explorer
shade pro is good. it took 3 people to put it on. 2 to feed through on the ground and me to feed through up above on ladder. looks good. old awning was 16 years old and was pretty well shot. watch some videos on installing. the method i used was the simplest. didn't need to remove the spring mechanism at all.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I replaced both my main awning and also the slideout awning a couple of years ago by ShadePro Awnings and was very satisfied both with the value of the material and the quality. I got the vinyl since our original awning was vinyl and had lasted over 17 years.

The new awning material from them is much heavier and nicer than our original. I did the replacement myself with the help of my son. Watched
several videos and wrote out the steps to follow. Turns out it was quite easy and we had no problems.

Here is how it looks now - You can see the old awning material laying on the ground in front of the trailer ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
If your talking about awning material, Tuff Tops. Great product, great service, much higher quality material than the factory material.
If your talking about slide out covers, same answer
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!