cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hazel Henderson -- 1945/2022

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
For all my Canadian friends -- and they are many.

My British Bride of 44 years joined God's heavenly choir on August 26th, 2022, after a short illness. Lung cancer, pneumonia and COVID were too much for her.
God took an angel, and gave us a replacement.
Hazel left us at 4:10 on August 26th, and our great grandson was born at 6:21 the same day. Hazel got there in time to get him ready for is grand appearance.
"The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away."

We pass through this life but once and when we are called home we leave behind many or few possessions, many or few memories.

The possessions will soon be gone, used up and perhaps forgotten; however, the memories are forever.

The grief and sorrow felt at the passing of a loved one are only brought on because of the joy and happiness that person gave us in life.

So grieve for the moment but surround yourselves with those enduring memories of joy and happiness.

Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving make your request be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4: 6, 7

I HEARD YOUR VOICE IN THE WIND TODAY
From โ€œWalking the Red Roadโ€

I heard your voice in the wind today
as I turned to see your face;
The warmth of the wind caressed me
as I stood silently in place.

I felt your touch in the sun today
as its warmth filled the sky;
I closed my eyes for your warm embrace
And my spirit soared high.

I saw your eyes in the window pane
as I watched the falling rain;
It seemed as each raindrop fell
It quietly said your name.

I held you close in my heart today
It made me feel complete;
You may have died... but you are not gone
You will always be a part of me.

As long as the sun shines...
The wind blows...
The rain falls...

You will live on inside of me forever

for that is all my heart knows.

Author Unknown

DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morningโ€™s hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there; I did not die.
Mary Elizabeth Frye
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.
10 REPLIES 10

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
Scottiemom wrote:
I am so sorry to hear of Hazel's passing, Lonnie. She was a lovely woman. I met you both years ago, I think at a Sweetheart Rally in Kerr, Texas. I remember her playing the organ or piano for a church service, if my memory serves me correctly.

Loved reading your love story. Best wishes to you as you move on ahead without your beloved. I lost my DH almost two years ago and I know how hard it is.

Dale

That was the first Sweetheart Rally we attended. Hazel played her keyboard and I preached a short sermon.
Lonnie
Honda CR-V Toad
English Bride

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
So sorry for your loss.

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
you are the second luckiest man in the world. i met my wife of 62 years and counting in 1956 when I was in the US Army and home on Christmas leave. i have been loving her for 66 years now. GOD has blessed both of us.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
So sorry for your loss but congrats on the arrival of your great grandson. Thanks so much for the story.
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
My sincere condolences over the loss of your beloved Hazel and joy at the birth of your great grandson!!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

From a Canadian friend in the west:
I'm truly sorry to learn of your loss, but express joy at your new little blessing.
Theres never the right words at a time like this, sorrow is a difficult thing.
Hazel is in a better place now, watching over you until one day years from now when He takes you home to join her.
I pray for peace and blessings for you as you move through this difficult and challenging chapter of life.

Again, truly sorry for your loss. Take care.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I am so sorry for your loss. May peace find your heart.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I am so sorry to hear of Hazel's passing, Lonnie. She was a lovely woman. I met you both years ago, I think at a Sweetheart Rally in Kerr, Texas. I remember her playing the organ or piano for a church service, if my memory serves me correctly.

Loved reading your love story. Best wishes to you as you move on ahead without your beloved. I lost my DH almost two years ago and I know how hard it is.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
The room was blue with cigarette smoke on that evening in 1977 when two young English lassies walked into the Top Four on RAF Mildenhall. England. They had stopped for a nighcap before going home.

Steve, a fellow Air Force friend visiting from out headquarters in San Antonio, asked the young ladies if we could join them for a drink. Hazel said no. Janet said yes. Just a few months later, on May 13, 1978, Hazel and I were married in nearby Newmarket in northern Suffolk, England.

My proposal of marriage will most likely not go down in history as one of the great romantic moments of all time. But it was classic, sort of. Or not. Four of us were again in the Top Four (Non-Commissioned Officers Club for the top four enlisted ranks). Hazel and Janet were sitting at the bar, I was standing next to Hazel. I took a cigarette out of a pack, and dropped it on the floor. Bending down to pick it up, I ever so elegantly poised the question. I stated, โ€œI dropped my dxxn cigarette. Will you marry me? She didn't say yes immediately โ€“ took a while, but eventually, she did, and the ride began.

We were married in a small civil ceremony in Newmarket, England, with a reception following in the same Top Four. Several of Hazel's English friends, her brother and sister-in-law, her two girls and some of my Air Force friends were there. I had flown a mission a couple of days earlier from which we almost didn't come back. But we did. Billy Tolbert and Pat Mower were there.

I was still stationed in Omaha, Nebraska at the time. In June, Hazel and the girls flew into Houston, and I picked them up there. We stopped in Carrollton, Texas at my brother Bill's home and spent a couple of nights. Bill, of course, very quickly convinced Hazel that everything in Oklahoma and Nebraska would either stick her, bite her, poison her, sting her or otherwise cause harm. Hazel, being city-bred, was terrified and wanted to go back to England immediately.

My new bride and the girls, Lindy and Allie, spent a few days with me at my home in Plattsmouth, Nebraska, where Hazel was convinced that everything would either stick her, bite her, poison her, sting her or otherwise cause harm. Hazel, being city-bred, was terrified and wanted to go back to England immediately.

After a few days in Plattsmouth, we headed northwest to Tacoma, Washington to visit Hazel's sister and family. Uneventful trip up, but we saw some beautiful country. When passing through Wyoming Hazel knew that everything would either stick her, bite her, poison her, sting her or otherwise cause harm. Being city-bred, she was terrified and wanted to go back to England immediately.

After an all too short visit, we headed back to Nebraska, taking a different route. Drove through Yellowstone National Park, then on into South Dakota. Suddenly, we were surrounded by a gazillion hell's angels, hogs, leathers, chains and all. Told my brand new British Bride that we were all dead โ€“ they were going to murder us. I was driving a 1977 Pontiac TransAm, and for a moment, considered trying to outrun them. Gave up on that idea as there were just too many. It wasn't until later that I found out about Biker Week in Spearfish, South Dakota, where upwards to 100,000 bikers meet annually. Hazel was convinced that everything in South Dakota would either stick her, bite her, poison her, sting her or otherwise cause harm. Being city-bred, she was terrified and wanted to go back to England immediately.

After a short stay in Plattsmouth, Hazel and the girls flew back to England, leaving me to finish the remaining three months of my Offut tour before joining them in Mildenhall, England. At least in Mildenhall, there was nothing to either stick her, bite her, poison her, sting her or otherwise cause harm. Hazel, being city-bred, was overjoyed at being out of harm's way.

After three years in Mildenhall, we returned to Nebraska, where Hazel was convinced that everything would either stick her, bite her, poison her, sting her or otherwise cause harm. Being city-bred, she was terrified and wanted to go back to England immediately.

We spent five years in Bellevue, the girls graduated high school there, and we were active members of the Bellevue Christian Center.

I retired from the Air Force in October, 1986 and we moved to an old farm house near my hometown of Anadarko, Oklahoma. Hazel was convinced that everything would either stick her, bite her, poison her, sting her or otherwise cause harm. Being city-bred, she was terrified and wanted to go back to England immediately.

Hazel and Lindy made the move to Oklahoma, and Allie and I stayed in Bellevue for one more month until my Air Force time was up. She settled into a 100-year old farmhouse out in the country near the Washita River. A small rural Oklahoma community is a far cry from London, England. No Tower of London, no House of Parliament, no London Bridge โ€“ and the Washita River is not quite the Thames...

While I was still in Nebraska, Hazel called my brother-in-law in a panic. She said there was some kind of hideous terrible critter in her car, and would he please come and get it out. Darrell immediately drove the 20 miles from his home to ours, and removed โ€“ a GRASSHOPPER from Hazel's car... Keep in mind that my British Bride was London-bred and these critters were completely alien to her. She wanted to return to England immediately.

We needed a propane tank for our property, and since I was still in Nebraska, my British Bride went to my mother's husband, J.D., for help. But she didn't ask for a propane tank โ€“ she asked for a โ€œsilver bullet thing.โ€ Jake told her where to go in Anadarko to order one, and after she left for the ten mile drive, he called the local propane dealer and told them, โ€œThere is a lady coming to see you, she talks funny, and she will ask for a โ€œsilver bullet thing.โ€ What she wants is a propane tank...โ€

Hazel loved to mow the grass. Since we had about a two acre yard, this was no simple process. I was now in Oklahoma with her, and she asked me where the safety goggles were. I had no idea, since most of our things were still packed. But I had an idea. I had a black, full face motorcycle helmet. So here we have my British Bride puttering around on a lawnmower wearing a full-face motorcycle helmet โ€“ the neighbors are still talking about that.

It has been 36 years since we made the move to the Cultural Center of the Great Southwest, if not the Known Universe. We've seen the girls grow up, get married, have families of their own. It's been 36 years of excitement, travel, meeting new friends, enjoying life and God's wonderful creation. We started traveling in a motorhome, spending six to eight weeks annually on Vancouver Island. Made a couple of trips the other way, to Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia in the eastern Canadian Maritimes. Met lots of new friends, saw a lot of country, enjoyed what God has created for us. Visited nine Canadian provinces and 40 or so of the States. Hazel is convinced that everything would either stick her, bite her, poison her, sting her or otherwise cause harm. Being city-bred, she was terrified and wanted to go back to England immediately.

On August 26th, 2022, my British Bride joined God's heavenly choir at age 76 and after 44 years three months and 12 days of marriage. Now, there is nothing that will stick her, bite her, poison her, sting her or otherwise cause harm. Two hours after her passing, our great great grandson, Ethan Ray Jurey, was born. Hazel had been called home to prepare him for entry into this world.

Oh, and she has been placed in charge of the heavenly choir.

Our God took an angel, and gave us another one as a replacement.

Hazel Pritchard Henderson, September 22, 1945 โ€“ August 26th, 2022.

DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morningโ€™s hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there; I did not die.
Mary Elizabeth Frye
Honda CR-V Toad
English Bride