cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Portable Solar Generators

JtTribe
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any exsperience with solar Generators? I'm currently putting the EBL 1000watt voyager and 100watt apollo solar panel through its paces. So far so good! I spend most of my time overlanding in my Jeep. I have been able to do alot more boondocking! I will report back soon!

Have a blessed day! Stay Outdoors!
8 REPLIES 8

Y-Guy
Thread Closed, please refer to the Portable Solar Generators that you started August 20.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Given that multiple postings of the same are prohibited, perhaps they will consolidate or at least lock one of them.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
bikendan wrote:
Why did you start the same thread all over again? Your previous thread is two threads below this one.
I think the idea is to only comment if you actually have one to avoid all the other banter and unrelated advice.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A 100 watt solar panel will get you 5.5-5.7 amps under perfect conditions which can be had 4 to 5 hours a day maximum. Not many paces until your "generator" is dead.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
JtTribe wrote:
Anyone have any exsperience with solar Generators? I'm currently putting the EBL 1000watt voyager and 100watt apollo solar panel through its paces. So far so good! I spend most of my time overlanding in my Jeep. I have been able to do alot more boondocking! I will report back soon!

Have a blessed day! Stay Outdoors!

Why did you start the same thread all over again? Your previous thread is two threads below this one.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Did you forget that you actually started the last thread 10 days ago about the same thing?:S
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
A better solution may have been a large battery and an inverter, adding solar panels.

Generally these "solar generators" are quite pricey. They are convenient if not much power is needed.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thereโ€™s a fun discussion about these from just a few days agoโ€ฆ.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold