cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Does anyone have the specs for the Linear LS6050 stereo?

TheLostBoy
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace my outdoor speakers on my 2010 Jayco Jayfeather and I cannot find any info on the Linear LS6050 stereo that comes with it. I want to buy new speakers, but I need to know how many watts the LS6050 puts out on each channel so I don't buy speakers that require more power. I'm just guessing that it's 25 watts as that's what the OEM speakers are, but I'd like to get something that sounds a little better.

Does anyone have the manual or know what the specs are for the LS6050 stereo?

Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
TheLostBoy wrote:
but I need to know how many watts the LS6050 puts out on each channel so I don't buy speakers that require more power. I'm just guessing that it's 25 watts.

6 watts per channel. Its not an Anthem,Arcam,Marantz,etc lol. As a general rule if something was chosen by any of the big RV manufacturers its the cheapest junk they could lay their hands on at the time. Will it make noise yes, but not audiophile grade by a longshot whatever speakers you use. It won't blow out anything you connect to it, even the $6 ea speakers the rv builders use.

TheLostBoy
Explorer
Explorer
shastagary wrote:
watch the mounting depth or are yours cut all the way through the wall?

Mine are cut all the way through the wall, so I've got lots of space. They just go into the space behind the cabinets.

TheLostBoy
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
https://www.manualslib.com/products/Linear-Series-Ls5050-4078909.html

Yeah, I've stumbled upon that one. That's a 5050, I'm looking for the 6050 manual.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
watch the mounting depth or are yours cut all the way through the wall?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
https://www.manualslib.com/products/Linear-Series-Ls5050-4078909.html
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
TheLostBoy wrote:
Man, I am just realizing I don't know anything about speakers. I was hoping to find the manual so I could find out the output, but I haven't been able to find anything.

I'm pretty sure it's a 12v stereo (as I can't find where it's powered and it continues to play when I don't have the 110v connected).

I think these are the replacement OEM speakers:
https://www.amazon.ca/Magnadyne-WR40W-Waterproof-Marine-Speaker/dp/B019QVUPY4/
And they say that they're 25 watts max output per speaker, but they sound so quiet and gutless (one is crackling which is why I wanted to replace them). I was hoping to get something a little louder and better sounding, but I don't want to buy something and find out that the stereo can't power them. I was looking at these as they seem good:
https://www.amazon.ca/ASA-Electronics-MSX60RVR-Coaxial-Speaker/dp/B0055OHZ7M
But they're 75 watts, so does that mean that it can handle UP TO 75 and not that the stereo won't be able to send enough power to produce a sound (making them sound quiet or something)?

Those are garbage Jensen branded speakers, basically the same junk as what you have now.

You want to look for better brands like..

PIONEER

KENWOOD

JVC

POLK

KICKER (Although I have had a pair of Kickers, to me they were a bit underwhelming for sound quality vs the hype).

There are a lot of "off brands" that may be hit or miss so I don't recommend going "off the menu" with brands like "BOSS", "DUAL", "SKAR", "Gravity", ect which all or most likely the same Chinese maker that slaps the Jensen name on the speakers you gave the link to..

As for "sounding weak" goes, that can be a function of the poor wiring from radio to speakers, the impedance of the speakers, the sensitivity of the speakers along with the stereos power output.

Your stereo most likely has a power output of 5W-10W per channel which is sufficient enough for general listening levels INSIDE the RV, outside, that will be fine as long as you are no further than 10ft away and don't mind that it isn't rock concert levels (your fellow campers most likely would not like it, if you show up with 15" speakers and several thousand watt amps).

One of the issues with how the stereos are typically wired, you may have two pairs inside and then the outside pair but stereo has only amps for two pairs.. With those setups they will switch one inside pair in series with the outside pair creating an 8 ohm speaker impedance to safeguard the amps.. That also cuts down the speaker volume of the outside pair and the inside pair it is wired in series with. Nothing you can do about that unless you wanted to do a major rewire project.

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
How loud a speaker sounds isn't really related to its maximum power rating.

The maximum power rating simply states the maximum power the speaker can accept without damage.

A speaker's efficiency rating (or "sensitivity") is what describes how loud it sounds. A higher efficiency means that the speaker is more efficient at converting amplifier power (watts) into sound (decibels).

Some inefficient speakers may require many dozens of watts to sound as loud as a really efficient speaker might sound with just a few watts.

Speaker efficiency is usually specified in dB@1w-m (decibels of sound, measured with 1 watt of amplifier power, measured at a distance 1 meter away from the speaker).

A higher sensitivity number means that the speaker is more efficient, and requires less amplifier power to produce any particular amount of sound.

Not all speakers have a published sensitivity number - In particular, it is often omitted in cheap OEM or replacement speakers.

TheLostBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Man, I am just realizing I don't know anything about speakers. I was hoping to find the manual so I could find out the output, but I haven't been able to find anything.

I'm pretty sure it's a 12v stereo (as I can't find where it's powered and it continues to play when I don't have the 110v connected).

I think these are the replacement OEM speakers:
https://www.amazon.ca/Magnadyne-WR40W-Waterproof-Marine-Speaker/dp/B019QVUPY4/
And they say that they're 25 watts max output per speaker, but they sound so quiet and gutless (one is crackling which is why I wanted to replace them). I was hoping to get something a little louder and better sounding, but I don't want to buy something and find out that the stereo can't power them. I was looking at these as they seem good:
https://www.amazon.ca/ASA-Electronics-MSX60RVR-Coaxial-Speaker/dp/B0055OHZ7M
But they're 75 watts, so does that mean that it can handle UP TO 75 and not that the stereo won't be able to send enough power to produce a sound (making them sound quiet or something)?

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
The wattage rating just means the speakers are able to handle up to 25W RMS without burning out the voice coils.

You can replace with any speaker rated 25Ws or more, sort of doubt your stereo can output more than that. Just because a speaker may have a higher wattage rating, does not mean it requires a higher wattage amp.

You will also find most replacement speakers will be rated 4 Ohms for 12V mobile applications, that is normal and should be fine.

Being it is an outdoor speaker, limit your search to outdoor or Marine rated speakers like you would find used on boats. Marine speakers are designed to be able to cope with life outdoors with UV and water.

Non Marine speakers are often built with paper cones and low grade foam surrounds that can't handle constant UV/water exposure.

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
Matt_Colie wrote:
Speakers can't "require more power". All the ones I know are just happy with what you give them. The only thing to kind of watch is if the amplifier is capable of more power than the speakers can handle, you can rip the cones.

Yep - And you would probably notice the speakers sounding pretty distorted before they got loud enough to reach that point.

Some stereos will only accommodate a limited range of speaker impedances, so it's a good idea to use replacement speakers with the same impedance as the originals (i.e., if the originals are 8 ohm, use 8 ohm replacements).

Incidentally, Parts Express has a large selection of speakers and installation accessories, at reasonable prices.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Lost,

Start with is this a 12V unit? It is probably designed for 4 to 10O and anything in that range will work.

Speakers can't "require more power". All the ones I know are just happy with what you give them. The only thing to kind of watch is if the amplifier is capable of more power than the speakers can handle, you can rip the cones.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.