cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Natchez Trace State Park

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just wondering what there is to see and do in and around this state park in Tennessee.
8 REPLIES 8

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
It's a large park with maybe three or four lakes. Not much bank access for fishing but there are boats to rent. Also some dirt roads to explore. The restaurant is very good. Confusing name as it's a couple of hours from the actual Natchez Trace.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at the state park, which is what you are asking about. There is nothing in the immediate area. Cell reception is iffy if you get it at all. This park has a lodge with a buffet restaurant. The lake is nice. The park itself is wonderful with large spaces and good hookups. Lexington is the closest city 12 miles south. It's your typical small city that has a grocery store and a Walmart and a few restaurants. Peace and quiet is their main attraction.

A little way to the west is Parkers Crossroads, exit 108, a civil war battlefield. Enjoy the park. I believe you can rent a boat.

There is a shooting range if you want to 'brush up' on your skills if you're inclined. A rifle range and a handgun range both pretty nice. It is use at your own risk....and if you have an accident there you will likely bleed to death because no one will find you unless they come to use the range. I had no cell service there. It is remote..the whole area is remote.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
If you are punching the location in your GPS, don't confuse the location with Natchez State Park, which is in Mississippi...

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Drive it in the fall when the leaves change color
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Great historical signs throughout the Trace. Beautiful drive.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed there several times just for one night. Here are some things to do in the park: https://tnstateparks.com/lodges/things-to-do/natchez-trace here are some things to do nearby:https://traveltips.usatoday.com/attractions-around-natchez-trace-state-park-tennessee-106937.html

The campground is nice and has some FHU and laundry fcilities too.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
D1H

The Trace is a worthwhile drive just for itself. Never mind the 444 miles of low speed limit and NO cross traffic at all. The free campgrounds along the route are all nice but be there early there are not a lot of spaces. There is a historical marker about every other mile. Buy the guide book before you go or at the south end visitor center.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Tupelo mississippi on Northend Nashville and natchez mississippi on south end. Long and narrow with a low speed limit. 3 free rv parks with no services at rv does have a restroom or two in each loop flushable toilets water faucet.