cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Changing oil.

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
Considering purchasing a Class A. Where do you get oil changes and other services when traveling?

Especially if there is no RV dealers near by.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013
23 REPLIES 23

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I drove by a Jiffy Lube in Albuquerque and saw that it had large entrance doors. I went in and asked about changing the oil and a lube job on my Class A gasser. They looked up my engine, saw that they stocked the filter and said bring it in. I drove over the pit and in a few minutes they had the oil changed and chassis lubed. It cost me the same as if I was a standard pic-up truck. Sometimes all you have to do is ask instead of making assumptions about whether or not a shop will change your oil.

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
Class C oil change is easy always do it myself. Class A should not be so difficult.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
Ivylog wrote:
Must be a 15,000+ mile trip?

Please donโ€™t tell us you go 15k miles on your V-10/ V8 gas oil changes?!!!!

It's his, he can do what he wants. Take issue with him advising others.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:

Please donโ€™t tell us you go 15k miles on your V-10/ V8 gas oil changes?!!!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
It can be a bit of fun finding places willing to change oil on a class A.
Many shops the door is not high enough.

I've been to Camping world (Do not suggest going there, won't ever again) They screwed it up 2 ways.

I've been to a Chevy dealer who had a bay big enough (Best deal I got on an Oil Change) They charged the same as a Silverado Pickup (Well same engine. Same oil. Why not) Only difference is they did not put it on a hoist. just slid under on a crawler.. There is more to the story but that goes in the HUMOR section (They did the oil change correctly)

And an independent RV dealer which was also the School District Bus Garage.. My #1 Suggestion is find out where the local school system gets the oil changed on the busses.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
Toolguy5 wrote:
Considering purchasing a Class A. Where do you get oil changes and other services when traveling?

You also want to get a lube job with that oil change.
Make sure you know how many zerks your chassis has (13?) and tell the guy/gal doing the job how many. Also, your differential uses 75W140 synthetic lube (Ford chassis).

Richard

Actually, hand the tech a diagram of the location of the grease zirks. Counting the number is not the same.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Toolguy5 wrote:

You also want to get a lube job with that oil change.
Make sure you know how many zerks your chassis has (13?) and tell the guy/gal doing the job how many. Also, your differential uses 75W140 synthetic lube (Ford chassis).

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Truck garage.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

dturm
The oil change I usually do myself. We've not had to have service too many times, but mobile repair guys we've had to use have been both cost effective and competent.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I do my own. If Iโ€™m going to be on the road and the oil change is due in 1-2 thousand miles Iโ€™ll do it before I leave. I go 5 k on oil changes.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I had MH I would find out for sure the filters used also used on trucks. If not, I would carry filters. (If shop does not stock, but you have one, they can still do the work)
Then I would look for Speedco or truckstops that do service work.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well bignothing from cracke I was just merely stating an observation over many years of multi state travel and have read comments of other RVers that fast lube joints would not service their MH for different reasons.

Your hateful reply only shows your