cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overhead oven fan not working in trailer

OregonMan
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys so the overhead oven fan in my travel trailer hasn't been working, when I turn on the switch for either the light or the fan, neither works. This started happening after I ripped the C02/propane detector out of the wall out of aggravation when boondocking because it would always beep incessantly once the trailer battery started running low. Yeah I know, dumb move. I've since gotten a battery operated C02 detector. Is it possible that when I ripped that wired C02/LP detector out of the wall, it pulled a connection loose from the circuit board that goes to the oven fan? The circuit/power board is located under the fridge right next to where the C02/LP alarm was previously located. I'm no electrician but I could probably see if a connection is loose back there. All other lights and electronics work fine in the trailer. Thanks for any tips.
7 REPLIES 7

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Derp…
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Explorer II
Explorer II
If you cut the two wires at the same time you may have blew the fuse. Check your fuses at the fuse panel.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't want to blow up your trailer you should install a new propane detector like the one that you ripped out. The C02 detector will not detect a propane leak.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Check the 12v power to the switches as well as 12v fuse as those are both 12v DC powered.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

MSchu
Explorer
Explorer
The oven vent fan and light are 12v so it probably is on the same circuit as the CO2 detector, look for a wire pulled loose between the two.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Can you define ripped out of the wall? Did you remove the mounting screws and cut the two wires to the detector? Or did you grab the detector and with brute force pull the detector out of the wall and causing the wires to separate from the yank?

If you cut the wires I don't see how this could cause an issue with the fan. If you forcefully pulled the wires out then yes you possibly separated one of the connectors in the wall.

What kind of fan is it? I'm not familiar with a fan that has a separate remotely mounted power board.

When you say circuit/power board are you talking about the converter with all the fuses and breakers in it?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
so take it down check for power at the switch,then work your way to its supply.