cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TFLEV gets disinformation from Cyber Truck fan bois.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Click me and enjoy.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln
37 REPLIES 37

propchef
Explorer
Explorer
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
As usual Mr. Snob you missed the point that Rivian will soon be toast.

Name calling isn't necessary.

Nothing in the article even hints at that. One recall won't send them to the bin. Remember when Toyota recalled all of those Prius because of an accelerator issue? Or when VW got caught fudging diesel numbers? Both are still here and producing EVs by the tens of thousands.

Rivian currently sits quite solid from a financial standpoint. From the same article:

The cost of the recall is unlikely to dent Rivianโ€™s substantial cash hoard. The company had $15.5 billion on hand as of the end of the second quarter, far more than most rival EV startups.

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
^^^ Unfortunately he's not all there. I wonder if RVnet could contact whomever is supposed to be monitoring him.

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
NamMedevac 70 wrote:

Someone needs to really read who is posting and what is being posted. Makes me wonder if youโ€™re really all there.
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
LOL I had a couple of recalls on my last F150. I'll admit to low energy, though I can still live independently. :R Edit- Well heck, I did have energy to wire and rivet a new lighted license plate bracket on my trailer today!

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Rivian has recalled almost all their 13,000(???) trucks and their investors are getting nervous about Rivian many financial troubles. Too bad hombres.

Google search and business news is your friend if you are not low energy

Meh. The recall is to re-torque a bolt on the front suspension. Itโ€™s done in the driveway of the owner.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
edit redit

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
duplicate. TTB

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rivian has recalled almost all their 13,000(???) trucks and their investors are getting nervous about Rivian many financial troubles. Too bad hombres.

Google search and business news is your friend if you are not low energy

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
We rented a truck camper in Alaska for two weeks. Just the wife, the dog (12 pounds) and me. So, yep we can live in a lot less room.

Not sure I can give up the 4WD pickup. We spend a lot of time driving back roads, thus the truck camper rental.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
thomas201 wrote:
I'll make a request to Reisender, if no response in public, I'll pm.

You have to be our most experienced EV towing expert. Could you, even if you wait till you trip is completed, write us a short book? I know you have put out a lot of info in several posts, but could you bring it all together in one?

Give us your weights, towing experiences, range in rain, snow and wind. Campground charging? Would you do it again? Buy a different TV or trailer? Do you back in and out at chargers? Drop your trailer? How about at an island charger, is it proper to block an unused charger with you trailer? Have you had to wait when all charger bays are full, very often?

I don't think I want to part with the F250 and fifth wheel, but you never know. I can be sold, and shame on me, if I don't look at alternatives.

Good morning. Happy to do that. But that will probably be tomorrow as I have some things on my plate today. However I recently posted about our latest trip thru BC, Vancouver island and the Sunshine Coast. Although itโ€™s primarily travel info it may answer a few of those as there are a couple graphs towards the end of the post. There are lots of pics. Here is the link.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30363580/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
thomas201 wrote:
I don't think I want to part with the F250 and fifth wheel, but you never know. I can be sold, and shame on me, if I don't look at alternatives.
Would a small trailer realistically meet your needs? Works for us as a couple but we don't have kids or animals.

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
I'll make a request to Reisender, if no response in public, I'll pm.

You have to be our most experienced EV towing expert. Could you, even if you wait till you trip is completed, write us a short book? I know you have put out a lot of info in several posts, but could you bring it all together in one?

Give us your weights, towing experiences, range in rain, snow and wind. Campground charging? Would you do it again? Buy a different TV or trailer? Do you back in and out at chargers? Drop your trailer? How about at an island charger, is it proper to block an unused charger with you trailer? Have you had to wait when all charger bays are full, very often?

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
A brand new owner of $115,000 EV Hummer suddenly stuck in high speed traffic when the Hummer just shut down and nothing would work period. A highway cop came to rescue to direct traffic around the EV. Interesting how they finally managed to get it to go. The battery in the Hummer weighs almost 3000lbs and all EVs are much heavier than their gas counterparts. This info from recent business news.

If you watch the complete video, the Hummer did not "just shut down". The driver experienced several warning lights, and while sitting in a left turn lane, intentionally shut the truck off hoping that the warning lights would reset. The truck would not restart.

They were correct in trying to disconnect the battery to see if that would allow a reset, but the power frunk opener was not working, and they had not located the manual release. After finding the manual release, disconnecting the battery and reconnecting, and going through the start up routine, the truck started.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS