cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forks, WA

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a 1 night CG in or near Forks. TT, wife and I will be traveling from Sequim to Ocean Shores going counter-clockwise around the Peninsula, and I want to do it in 2 days.

At my age I do not want to tow the Everett to Olympia I-5/405 quagmire ever again.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!
9 REPLIES 9

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We love Forks. . . but?

Forks: We walked into a gas station restroom, and there was a sign on the wall that said: No cleaning of game here.

An author wrote a book about travel around the Pacific NW: He said that comparing the Olympic Peninsula to Forks is like comparing "Venus to Butt Rash".

I have other stores to tell, but they are not appropriate here.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Kalaloch is a long way from Forks! I am guessing OP wants to split travel time'

33.8 miles! Wow, that's a long haul! :R
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
it has been a few years ago but we stayed at Forks 101 campground .it is not the hilton but is full service plus it is right in town.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
RVPARKY shows 5 of them in Forks. Been there done that too with the wife and Twilight stuff. We stayed at 3 rivers resort and guide service on 110 going towards La Push. I enjoyed the stay.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Kalaloch is a long way from Forks! I am guessing OP wants to split travel time'

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
If you can get a reservation for a night in Kalaloch campground, Olympic NP, you won't be sorry. Beautiful place! All sites are reservable through Sept. 21. After that there are some FCFS.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
South of Forks.
Bogachiel State park

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed at Kalaloch CG in the NP. It is in the Vampire Free zone.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed there a few days several years ago while circumnavigating the peninsula. I had no idea the place was female famous but my wife sure did and went to the store and bought a lot of junk.
The cg was wet, puddles everywhere, mud and just soggy. But that describes that part of the country.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper