cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam membership and Pilot/Flying J RV fuel card

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does anyone know if letting my GS membership lapse would affect my GS Pilot/Flying J fuel card (credit card paid from checking) account status?

Thanks,

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015
12 REPLIES 12

Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
Mayor30, any RV owner of a diesel powered vehicle that can be fueled at a truck pump, not car pump, can get a TSD OpenRoads Fuel Card. The card is a EFS fuel card issued by TSD. They have issued over 80,000 cards so far saving 10s of thousands for RV owners.

The TSD OpenRoads app for your phone from the App Store will show you where in the USA there are discounts and what they are. Right now as I type this, T/A Baytown has a cash price of $4.759 and a TSD card price of $3.922. That is a discount of $0.837 per gallon. Buy 100 gallons as I often do and save $83.70 on the purchase. Add a 65 cent transaction charge and a 10% fee for TSD and your net savings is $74.32.

Hope this helps you.

Good Sam has nothing to do with this card.
1995 Foretravel U320 40'
Cummins M11 400HP Allison 4060R

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
I tried using mine at the pump in March and it didn't work.I have a lifetime Good Sam Membership. So can anyone get the cards for T/A and Love's or must you own a company?

YWORRYDOG
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, mine still does.
CHUCK and ROSE 2010 Sunseeker
We camp on earth

dedmiston
Mike134 wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
I don't know the answer, but I don't think I'd put all my faith in the brain-trust here. It's worth a call to their customer service to find out for sure.

Are you trying to say some of the advice here is no better than what a bartender and his/her patrons would give you after several beers?

(I happen to agree with you)

Safe travels

:B :B

At least several hours with a bartender would yield you a good start on a buzz. Although I'm pretty sure a lot of folks posting here are already plenty buzzed.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
I don't know the answer, but I don't think I'd put all my faith in the brain-trust here. It's worth a call to their customer service to find out for sure.

Are you trying to say some of the advice here is no better than what a bartender and his/her patrons would give you after several beers?

(I happen to agree with you)

Safe travels
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Trainer wrote:
I never go to FlyingJ for an eight cent discount when I can go across the freeway to TA and get, today, a seventy cent discount with the TSD OpenRoads, EFS fuel card.

Same here.... I used to use Pilot/FJ, but last year they screwed up when I went in to pay....I paid my bill, got my receipt and left, The next day I get a call from a very rude "manager" claiming I did a drive off. I took a pic of my receipt and sent it to her... she still wasn't convinced. I sent the Credit Card statement. Same thing... she then voided my card. I wrote corporate, they said they would reinstate my card, but it never happened, that was a bit over a year ago. I now use EFS and T/A or Loves. Just got back from a 8,000 mile trip. T/A had $.70 off pump price, Loves was around $.15.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch, The EFS fuel card is one of several driver fuel cards for a company driver to purchase diesel at a diesel truck pump, not car diesel pump. So, no gasoline purchases.
1995 Foretravel U320 40'

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Trainer wrote:
I never go to FlyingJ for an eight cent discount when I can go across the freeway to TA and get, today, a seventy cent discount with the TSD OpenRoads, EFS fuel card.

How well does that work for gas rather than diesel?
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
1995 Foretravel U320 40'

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:

LOL just like the guy who wanted to know about restaurants in some obscure town - guess he never heard of Tripadvisor
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess if you pulled in to get Fuel and your card didn't work, you'd have your answer. I've been using the TSD Fuel Card for the past few years and haven't visited a Pilot or Flying J.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

dedmiston

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230