Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: New Maxxis tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > New Maxxis tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
fallsrider

Raleigh, NC

Senior Member

Joined: 11/11/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/24/22 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sitting at Discount Tire waiting to have new Maxxis M8008 tires put on my '95 Sunnybrook 26DB. I put a new set on 9 years ago when we bought the trailer and they have been flawless for us. New tires aren't cheap! But I think I've pushed their age long enough.

My Dad and I are pulling it down to the Outer Banks of NC in October for some surf fishing. It's 5 hours each way. Didn't want to take any more chances.

Bears Den

Estero, Fl.

Senior Member

Joined: 07/07/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/24/22 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Maxxis on mine and love them.


2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )




No substitute for experience


Fresno Tundra Driver

Fresno,Ca. USA

Senior Member

Joined: 11/20/2003

View Profile



Posted: 09/24/22 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m right behind you with about 8.5 flawless years on my Maxxis 8008 tires. They are a great ST tire!


E.Lee Galik

fallsrider

Raleigh, NC

Senior Member

Joined: 11/11/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/24/22 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bears Den wrote:

I have Maxxis on mine and love them.
[emoticon]

RCMAN46

NorthWest

Senior Member

Joined: 02/24/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/24/22 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a set of Maxxis M8008 on my 5th wheel and had tread separations in 5 years with very little wear on the tires.

I also had a set on a small single axle utility trailer that had tread separations in about 7 years and very little tread wear.

fallsrider

Raleigh, NC

Senior Member

Joined: 11/11/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/24/22 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fresno Tundra Driver wrote:

I’m right behind you with about 8.5 flawless years on my Maxxis 8008 tires. They are a great ST tire!
Great!

fallsrider

Raleigh, NC

Senior Member

Joined: 11/11/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/24/22 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RCMAN46 wrote:

I had a set of Maxxis M8008 on my 5th wheel and had tread separations in 5 years with very little wear on the tires.

I also had a set on a small single axle utility trailer that had tread separations in about 7 years and very little tread wear.
I've never heard that before. Sorry you had that. Did you always run them at max inflation?

I hope my experience with the 2nd set is as good as the first.

RCMAN46

NorthWest

Senior Member

Joined: 02/24/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/24/22 10:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fallsrider wrote:

RCMAN46 wrote:

I had a set of Maxxis M8008 on my 5th wheel and had tread separations in 5 years with very little wear on the tires.

I also had a set on a small single axle utility trailer that had tread separations in about 7 years and very little tread wear.
I've never heard that before. Sorry you had that. Did you always run them at max inflation?

I hope my experience with the 2nd set is as good as the first.


Always at max inflation. When the first tire on the utility trailer failed the tire shop guy inspected the other Maxxis tire and it appeared to be OK. So I used it as a spare. It was stored inside the trailer. Then about 1 year later I was checking tire pressures when I found this. Note the tire was stored inside the trailer.

[image]

MFL

Midwest

Senior Member

Joined: 11/28/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/24/22 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While the Maxxis trailer tires have been better than most earlier St tires, there are more tire manufacturers that have stepped up their quality/dependability.

I am curious what the speed rating is on the current version Maxxis 8008?

Hope your new Maxxis serve you well! Always a good feeling to change out older tires for new!

Jerry





fallsrider

Raleigh, NC

Senior Member

Joined: 11/11/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/24/22 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

While the Maxxis trailer tires have been better than most earlier St tires, there are more tire manufacturers that have stepped up their quality/dependability.

I am curious what the speed rating is on the current version Maxxis 8008?

Hope your new Maxxis serve you well! Always a good feeling to change out older tires for new!

Jerry
I looked on Maxxis' web site, but could not find a speed rating. I have always assumed 65.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > New Maxxis tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.