cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just Asking

Bluedog
Explorer
Explorer
Could a person be considered mentally unstable if he tried to sell his RV at this time of year?
17 REPLIES 17

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
never hurts to try and sell. might get lucky. p.s if you own a rv your not 100%

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Mentally unstable? No. Is it a right time to sell? That depends if someone is willing to buy. At the RV dealership I work for we are still selling and customers are still buying inspite of the doomed economy facing us.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Quadcab
Explorer II
Explorer II
Way back in 2008, sold our 1st fifth wheel in early October to a gentleman who drove more than 100 miles to check it out. Gave him a deal to take it off our hands before putting it into storage ahead of the nasty Michigan winter weather soon to come. Price it right, cast a wide net, and the right person may just come by regardless of when you list it.

BTW, I have not yet been accused of being mentally unstable, at least not recently! Good luck with selling your rig.
Quadcab
2018 Titan XD 5.6 V8 Kingcab
2018 PT Crusader Lite 28RL

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
The best deals I seen have been at Yuma, this time of the year. Generally spring time is better for the seller when people are getting the bug and tax returns. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anytime of year is a good time to sell if the deal is considered good and fair by both parties.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Starting about the middle of October through April, head out to Quartzsite, AZ. There are more that a few RV dealers (some seasonal and temporary) who think it's an excellent time to sell.

Chum lee

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A single bad financial decision wouldnโ€™t get a mental health commitment in my state. Are you selling? lol
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Not at all, just sold mine. Listed it on a tuesday evening, wednesday (next day) it was going down the road with a new owner. There were 4 others waiting to see it, first come, first served.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Bluedog wrote:
Could a person be considered mentally unstable if he tried to sell his RV at this time of year?

Not at all. That doesn't mean it will sell but waiting until next Spring causes another years depreciation. Pick a number you can live with and stick with it. If it doesn't sell you can still try again next year.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
This might make me seem a little unstable, but, IMO, the best time to sell a self contained RV is right AFTER a catastrophic event takes place. For example, several years ago, a huge fire literally wiped out the town of Paradise in Northern California. Over 12,000 structures were destroyed in a day. The homes were mostly owned privately by people who planned to rebuild using RV's as temporary housing on their burned out property. Within a month, every available functional RV within a 200 mile radius sold/resold at premium prices because the demand skyrocketed while the supply dwindled. Welcome to America!

Chum lee

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bluedog wrote:

Depends on if he's considered mentally unstable the rest of the time.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Better now than when the snow starts piling up.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Put it it there for the price you want and see what happens. All it takes is the right person at the right time. If it doesnโ€™t sell, you havenโ€™t lost anything. If it does sell, great, itโ€™s over and done.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Prices have cooled some but now will be the best time to sell in the next year or so.