cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hi Folks! Long time!

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy! It's been a while and I was thinking of you and this forum recently so decided to pop in and day hi!

One of the things I was thinking about was the clearance issue on 2919 F350s and the like and AF990s. I had had ample time now to test out using just two mats and despite some harrowing 'off road' driving I have. ot crushed the sat shark fin or damaged the camper skin!

I removed the 1" foam board a year or two ago and haven't looked back.

In an up coming video you will see some visious rocking but no damage! woot!

We had this setup now since, we'll July 2919 (before that a 2010 F350) and still love it!
2019 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW PS6.7
2019 AF990
3 REPLIES 3

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! A new one I'm working on coming out of the same location will be better still! The camper rocked hard to the drivers side and back! It bounced around but never hit the sharkfin.

I don't like driving it in there frankly but it was the job site (again) so it is what it is! lol but it proved to me that two mats were all that's needed....I'm sure with one and I would have damaged the sharkfin and camper but no need for more than that.

Only thing I haven't figured out is what keeps knocking when I rock side to side like that. THought it was the fox landing but in the new video that wasn't moving....so I am scratching my head for now...but something knocked like a door swinging....but the door stayed closed...scratching my head for sure!
2019 AF990

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting video. TY for posting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
You can see it here near the end of this video https://youtu.be/d_E26fM4tLE

In a new one coming out of this same location everything rocked hard to the drivers side and the camper shifted but settled and was fine!

I hope to never go back to this jobsite lol but it demonstrates what I learned about clearance!

*Created active link using URL tags
2019 AF990