cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Haloview byte tango wireless system.

Kevin_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone with experience using one of these? The wireless sounds great, but with the shape of our rig's rear cap we would have to mount the rear camera below the roofline. Will that interfere with connectivity? 42 ft 5th wheel, lwb truck.
Kevin and Beth Todd
2016 Jayco Pinnacle 38 FLSA
2019 Ram 3500 Longhorn
8 REPLIES 8

Kevin_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
Bet all we got on our pinnacle is the label. No plastic hood on the rear cap.
Kevin and Beth Todd
2019 Ram 3500 Longhorn

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
We have the Furrion 3 camera system. The rear camera is below the roof line, the fiver is 42' long and our pickup has an 8' bed. No problems with wireless reception.
BTW, I think the poster that mentioned Fusion meant the factory Furrion connector that is on a lot of the newer rigs.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

waynefi
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Haloview MC7108 wireless camera. Used it on one trip, and it works well.

It is on 22 ft trailer, slightly below roof line, and I get a strong signal..

My trailer was pre-wired for Furrion. That means that there was a plastic hood high on the back of the trailer which covered some mounting screws and a 12 volt plug. I bought Haloviews mounting bracket for pre wired RVs, which is a bracket that fits the mounting holes and a cable that adapts Haloviews plug to Furrionโ€™s.

The only problem I have is that the plug is too long to stuff into the wall, so I am left with a coil of wire outside.
rPod 195
formerly Rockwood MiniLite 1809S
Tacoma V6

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is a Fusion connector? Is that one of those that you connect a wire to an existing wire, sort of on the side of the existing wire? Hard to describe and searching Amazon for Fusion connector just pulls up a bunch of connector kits. None of which seem to apply.

Using google pulls up fiber optic connectors
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

RICK-ards_Red
Explorer
Explorer
I have an older Haloview wireless camera on the back of my 30 ft TT with the antenna below the roof line of the trailer. It works great every year with clear pictures and sound in the truck cab Got the adapter plug to hook into the Fusion connector from Amazon.
2017 Coachman Catalina 25RKS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 - Kodiak edition

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours works fine on the back of our 30 ft AF TT, maybe 40 ft from the truck cab. And actually I think I carried the camera 30 or 40 ft behind the TT and still got an image. I assume your has the same transmitter but have not way to tell.
I'm thinking of rigging up a hard wire 12V system, should not be hard I just need a compatible male plug,
Superbumper

Kevin_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
The system I'm considering gets camera power from the 12v wiring on the coach. I'm concerned about the wireless connectivity. The byte tango system looks to be fairly new,but my mounting options are forcing ne to either mount the rear camera with the antenna below the roofline or mount the bracket on top of the rear cap. Just wondering if anyone uses a rear camera that is wireless mounted with the antenna below the roofline.
Kevin and Beth Todd
2019 Ram 3500 Longhorn

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the color system and it has revolutionized my hookup process. I stick the magnetic camera on top and slightly in front of the of the truck hitch ball and can back up and connect the hitch my myself. I painted the RV receiver white to make it more visible on the camera. Orange might be better. Glare can make this harder.

Be aware that the camera battery only has a six hour life, it has an external battery pack that extends that. But you have to remember to take those off and recharge them every night.
Also the camera and battery fell off the steel plate once and broke the antenna. That made me leery of leaving them attached. I'm say they need some more secure attachment, a lanyard maybe.

But all in all I'm happy with the system just for the hookups.
Superbumper