cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New trailer brakes shuddering

sparkydave
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked up our new 2023 Wolf Pup 14CC Saturday, and on the way home I noticed that just as it's coming to a stop, there's some vibration I can feel. It doesn't feel like warped rotors, it's very rapid. Pretty sure it's not skidding, I don't hear any skidding and I don't see the tires bouncing. If I dial down the power on my brake controller (Tekonsha Envoy rebadged as a Draw-Tite), it reduces the vibration. By the time I got home it was improving, so could it be the brakes just need to wear in a little? My popup never did this, even when the brakes were brand new. They don't vibrate at speed, it's just when I get below 5-10 MPH I can feel it.
6 REPLIES 6

sparkydave
Explorer
Explorer
Update: Seems the brakes just had to break in a little. Got back from our maiden voyage to Punderson (maybe 100 miles round trip), and they aren't shuddering anymore. Pulled the lever a couple times when nobody was behind me, and they work well without locking up or vibrating.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
sparkydave wrote:
Thanks Doug, that's another piece of useful info that strangely wasn't included with our new camper. I'll try the break-in procedure and hopefully that takes care of it.

Will not be included. This is an Install and TSB for service centers. Doug

sparkydave
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Doug, that's another piece of useful info that strangely wasn't included with our new camper. I'll try the break-in procedure and hopefully that takes care of it.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You need a "Chase" Driver as well. Are the wheels locking up and "Skipping' down the road or are the brakes stuttering? a Chase driver (With a partner and a video camera) (Cell phone in record mode) may be able to help.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
It was called sentinel before it became envoy and that was the best cheapy controller I ever had. Anyway, it’s not very likely but check the shoes for grease. I’ve had it happen to me on a spanking new RV and the dealer warranty the new brake job. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!