Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ford 150 Lightning owner review
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Ford 150 Lightning owner review

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
NamMedevac 70

Reno

Senior Member

Joined: 11/09/2020

View Profile



Posted: 09/26/22 02:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-trucks/towing-with-ford-f-150-lightning-a-total-disaster-owner-finds/ar-AA12goC2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0ff0ddddd4f6471084a9d8b6f5f16aea

This may be of interest to those with the Ford Lightning.

P.S. I do not view following comments.

Lwiddis

Southern California :(

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/26/22 03:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What’s the point this guy is trying to make? A early model T was a “failure” at towing too. He was dopey to buy it for towing. Gee, I get less than half the mileage I expect when towing my TT.


Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad


toedtoes

California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/17/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/26/22 04:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We get it already. The electric Ford F-150 is not up to towing. Do we have to have thread after thread stating the same thing over and over.

Why don't we just sit back and wait until something new comes out and then evaluate it?

It doesn't matter how many reviews get posted, they all say the same thing. No surprise. No argument.

We get it. The Ford F-150 is not a realistic tow vehicle. Nothing new.

(See how annoying it is to keep reading the same thing over and over???)


1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

shelbyfv

TN

Senior Member

Joined: 02/18/2006

View Profile



Posted: 09/26/22 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see progress! Goobers waited two days to start a new EV whiner thread.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

Senior Member

Joined: 06/05/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/26/22 05:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This whole electrification directive is a scam and will end badly.


Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Learjet

Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 02/21/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/26/22 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EV information without a clicky link...I'm passing [emoticon]

???"P.S. I do not view following comments."???


2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion


Learjet

Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 02/21/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/26/22 06:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

We get it already. The electric Ford F-150 is not up to towing. Do we have to have thread after thread stating the same thing over and over.

Why don't we just sit back and wait until something new comes out and then evaluate it?

It doesn't matter how many reviews get posted, they all say the same thing. No surprise. No argument.

We get it. The Ford F-150 is not a realistic tow vehicle. Nothing new.

(See how annoying it is to keep reading the same thing over and over???)


Thank you!!!!...it does somethings really good and others not so good.

Example...Just like I don't run my Ram 3500 Dually at the race track because it would suck...Doesn't mean it can't tow like a train.

FYI...I have an EV...I understand what is good and bad about it...I don't need others to just hate on EVs because its "new" technology and they are scared of change...and NO I'm not saying get rid of Gas or Diesel...EVs have their place and will evolve and may turn into something ground breaking.

Turtle n Peeps

California

Senior Member

Joined: 06/23/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/26/22 08:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Learjet wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

We get it already. The electric Ford F-150 is not up to towing. Do we have to have thread after thread stating the same thing over and over.

Why don't we just sit back and wait until something new comes out and then evaluate it?

It doesn't matter how many reviews get posted, they all say the same thing. No surprise. No argument.

We get it. The Ford F-150 is not a realistic tow vehicle. Nothing new.

(See how annoying it is to keep reading the same thing over and over???)


Thank you!!!!...it does somethings really good and others not so good.

Example...Just like I don't run my Ram 3500 Dually at the race track because it would suck...Doesn't mean it can't tow like a train.

FYI...I have an EV...I understand what is good and bad about it...I don't need others to just hate on EVs because its "new" technology and they are scared of change...and NO I'm not saying get rid of Gas or Diesel...EVs have their place and will evolve and may turn into something ground breaking.


Maybe you two should should review the forum you're on. This is a "towing Vehicle" forum. You know, where we discuss "towing vehicles".

Whether they be electric, diesel, gas, propane, fuel cell or other. That's what is discussed about in this forum. If any one of these fuels suck, we will discuss why....or why not.

We tow RV's and talk about towing RV's with vehicles. Whether that be a Ford, Chevy or Ram or Toyota or Tesla or any other tow vehicle.

If ANY vehicle sucks at towing we are going to discuss it whether you like it or not. You're not the towing vehicle forum police.

If you want to discuss why your electric vehicle is super cool while not towing you're free to go over to any fan boi forum and hang out. God knows there are plenty of electric fan boi forums.


~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~


"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln


toedtoes

California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/17/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/26/22 10:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Learjet wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

We get it already. The electric Ford F-150 is not up to towing. Do we have to have thread after thread stating the same thing over and over.

Why don't we just sit back and wait until something new comes out and then evaluate it?

It doesn't matter how many reviews get posted, they all say the same thing. No surprise. No argument.

We get it. The Ford F-150 is not a realistic tow vehicle. Nothing new.

(See how annoying it is to keep reading the same thing over and over???)


Thank you!!!!...it does somethings really good and others not so good.

Example...Just like I don't run my Ram 3500 Dually at the race track because it would suck...Doesn't mean it can't tow like a train.

FYI...I have an EV...I understand what is good and bad about it...I don't need others to just hate on EVs because its "new" technology and they are scared of change...and NO I'm not saying get rid of Gas or Diesel...EVs have their place and will evolve and may turn into something ground breaking.


Maybe you two should should review the forum you're on. This is a "towing Vehicle" forum. You know, where we discuss "towing vehicles".

Whether they be electric, diesel, gas, propane, fuel cell or other. That's what is discussed about in this forum. If any one of these fuels suck, we will discuss why....or why not.

We tow RV's and talk about towing RV's with vehicles. Whether that be a Ford, Chevy or Ram or Toyota or Tesla or any other tow vehicle.

If ANY vehicle sucks at towing we are going to discuss it whether you like it or not. You're not the towing vehicle forum police.

If you want to discuss why your electric vehicle is super cool while not towing you're free to go over to any fan boi forum and hang out. God knows there are plenty of electric fan boi forums.


The point is that there is NO discussion. We ALL agree that electric vehicles are not tow vehicles. Why must be have thread after thread after thread saying that exact thing over and over?

It's not even like other repeat discussions like 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton, 5er vs TT, trailer vs motorhome, generator vs solar, and so on because there is no opinion. It's a fact - electric vehicles are currently not capable as general tow vehicles - period. No one on this forum is, or has, suggested that an electric vehicle is effective as a general tow vehicle. Even those who have electric vehicles and tow with their electric vehicles have acknowledged that there are limitations and that many if not most people will be unsatisfied with buying an electric vehicle for general towing needs.

As for the OP's intentions, it is clear that he is not posting these threads ad nauseam for any real purpose of discussion as he has stated he is not reading any of the comments posted to this thread.

And stating that this review "may be of interest to those with the Ford Lightning" is assinine. Anyone who owns(has) a Ford Lightning is aware of the limitations regarding towing with it.

Turtle n Peeps

California

Senior Member

Joined: 06/23/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/26/22 11:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Learjet wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

We get it already. The electric Ford F-150 is not up to towing. Do we have to have thread after thread stating the same thing over and over.

Why don't we just sit back and wait until something new comes out and then evaluate it?

It doesn't matter how many reviews get posted, they all say the same thing. No surprise. No argument.

We get it. The Ford F-150 is not a realistic tow vehicle. Nothing new.

(See how annoying it is to keep reading the same thing over and over???)


Thank you!!!!...it does somethings really good and others not so good.

Example...Just like I don't run my Ram 3500 Dually at the race track because it would suck...Doesn't mean it can't tow like a train.

FYI...I have an EV...I understand what is good and bad about it...I don't need others to just hate on EVs because its "new" technology and they are scared of change...and NO I'm not saying get rid of Gas or Diesel...EVs have their place and will evolve and may turn into something ground breaking.


Maybe you two should should review the forum you're on. This is a "towing Vehicle" forum. You know, where we discuss "towing vehicles".

Whether they be electric, diesel, gas, propane, fuel cell or other. That's what is discussed about in this forum. If any one of these fuels suck, we will discuss why....or why not.

We tow RV's and talk about towing RV's with vehicles. Whether that be a Ford, Chevy or Ram or Toyota or Tesla or any other tow vehicle.

If ANY vehicle sucks at towing we are going to discuss it whether you like it or not. You're not the towing vehicle forum police.

If you want to discuss why your electric vehicle is super cool while not towing you're free to go over to any fan boi forum and hang out. God knows there are plenty of electric fan boi forums.


The point is that there is NO discussion. We ALL agree that electric vehicles are not tow vehicles. Why must be have thread after thread after thread saying that exact thing over and over?

It's not even like other repeat discussions like 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton, 5er vs TT, trailer vs motorhome, generator vs solar, and so on because there is no opinion. It's a fact - electric vehicles are currently not capable as general tow vehicles - period. No one on this forum is, or has, suggested that an electric vehicle is effective as a general tow vehicle. Even those who have electric vehicles and tow with their electric vehicles have acknowledged that there are limitations and that many if not most people will be unsatisfied with buying an electric vehicle for general towing needs.

As for the OP's intentions, it is clear that he is not posting these threads ad nauseam for any real purpose of discussion as he has stated he is not reading any of the comments posted to this thread.

And stating that this review "may be of interest to those with the Ford Lightning" is assinine. Anyone who owns(has) a Ford Lightning is aware of the limitations regarding towing with it.


Then go to this thread and tell the good people the same thing you said here.

Quote:

We ALL agree that electric vehicles are not tow vehicles.


I don't think we can ALL agree at all. See what Reisender say's about towing with his Tesla on this thread. He seems to like it and works good "for him". Also there are several people on this forum that have ordered the Cyber Truck and have stated they want to tow with them. So no, I don't think that we can agree at all about that. Several others on the net have said they are going to order the Tesla Semi when it comes out to tow with.

Now I know R seisender's setup would not work for me. Not even close. And it's not even close to the average American RV setup. I even think that it skirts along on the edge of super impractical for the average American RV'er just like putting a topper on a truck and calling it an RV.

BUT...that being said, he has every right to talk about his electric tow vehicle just as much as someone with a 1 ton diesel towing a 35' 5er or even a Prius towing a popup tent trailer.

Other people have every right to talk about and show reviews on the Lighting and other EV trucks. After all it is a pickup with a 10K tow rating.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Ford 150 Lightning owner review
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.