cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford 150 Lightning owner review

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-trucks/towing-with-ford-f-150-lightning-a-total-disaster-owner-finds/ar-AA12goC2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0ff0ddddd4f6471084a9d8b6f5f16aea

This may be of interest to those with the Ford Lightning.

P.S. I do not view following comments.
15 REPLIES 15

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
Again you are missing the point.

That's intentional as well. I've pondered how to respond to the wilful ignorance exhibited here. I wouldn't choose to be around this sort of person in real life, much less try to have any kind of discussion. Maybe it's best to just leave them to their echo chamber and go elsewhere for RV talk.:h

Scott_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
Tesla Semi is electric and it can tow. Just sayin

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:

The point is that there is NO discussion. We ALL agree that electric vehicles are not tow vehicles. Why must be have thread after thread after thread saying that exact thing over and over?

It's not even like other repeat discussions like 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton, 5er vs TT, trailer vs motorhome, generator vs solar, and so on because there is no opinion. It's a fact - electric vehicles are currently not capable as general tow vehicles - period. No one on this forum is, or has, suggested that an electric vehicle is effective as a general tow vehicle. Even those who have electric vehicles and tow with their electric vehicles have acknowledged that there are limitations and that many if not most people will be unsatisfied with buying an electric vehicle for general towing needs.

As for the OP's intentions, it is clear that he is not posting these threads ad nauseam for any real purpose of discussion as he has stated he is not reading any of the comments posted to this thread.

And stating that this review "may be of interest to those with the Ford Lightning" is assinine. Anyone who owns(has) a Ford Lightning is aware of the limitations regarding towing with it.
Thank you. OP's intent is obvious. He doesn't tow a trailer or even have an RV of any sort. He's just here to troll.

I love reading the comments when someone says something negative about EV's.. weather it be true, or not they get all rattled and ask to stop posting... it truly is hysterical ! !

Now, there can be endless EV threads from the fan boys and girls with no issue.. just as long as the OP does not take aim at Tesla, or any EV.

I am NOT an EV lover, BUT Like others I see their place in this country and hope they continue to evolve..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
What is the record for the longest post with multiple re-quotes of the previously posted knuckleheaded karap by the usual suspects lol?

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Again you are missing the point.

Those posters who currently tow with an EV, like Reisender, or who are considering buying one with which to tow, are not creating thread after thread after thread telling everyone else that EVs are the only way to tow. They are not repeatedly creating threads to prove their point. And they are not creating a thread that links to another review that says the same thing and then walk away from it because they know there is no good to come of the thread.

This is simply another thread linking to a review that says towing with the F150 significantly reduces the vehicle's range. Guess what? We already know that! It's not news. It's not useful. It's not interesting.

And both threads you linked to were created to put down EVs completely and posters like Reisender have simply responded to state how they make it work with an EV. That is far more useful than just repeating "the Ford F150 EV loses 50 percent of its range when towing".
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Learjet wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
We get it already. The electric Ford F-150 is not up to towing. Do we have to have thread after thread stating the same thing over and over.

Why don't we just sit back and wait until something new comes out and then evaluate it?

It doesn't matter how many reviews get posted, they all say the same thing. No surprise. No argument.

We get it. The Ford F-150 is not a realistic tow vehicle. Nothing new.

(See how annoying it is to keep reading the same thing over and over???)

Thank you!!!!...it does somethings really good and others not so good.

Example...Just like I don't run my Ram 3500 Dually at the race track because it would suck...Doesn't mean it can't tow like a train.

FYI...I have an EV...I understand what is good and bad about it...I don't need others to just hate on EVs because its "new" technology and they are scared of change...and NO I'm not saying get rid of Gas or Diesel...EVs have their place and will evolve and may turn into something ground breaking.

Maybe you two should should review the forum you're on. This is a "towing Vehicle" forum. You know, where we discuss "towing vehicles".

Whether they be electric, diesel, gas, propane, fuel cell or other. That's what is discussed about in this forum. If any one of these fuels suck, we will discuss why....or why not.

We tow RV's and talk about towing RV's with vehicles. Whether that be a Ford, Chevy or Ram or Toyota or Tesla or any other tow vehicle.

If ANY vehicle sucks at towing we are going to discuss it whether you like it or not. You're not the towing vehicle forum police.

If you want to discuss why your electric vehicle is super cool while not towing you're free to go over to any fan boi forum and hang out. God knows there are plenty of electric fan boi forums.

The point is that there is NO discussion. We ALL agree that electric vehicles are not tow vehicles. Why must be have thread after thread after thread saying that exact thing over and over?

It's not even like other repeat discussions like 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton, 5er vs TT, trailer vs motorhome, generator vs solar, and so on because there is no opinion. It's a fact - electric vehicles are currently not capable as general tow vehicles - period. No one on this forum is, or has, suggested that an electric vehicle is effective as a general tow vehicle. Even those who have electric vehicles and tow with their electric vehicles have acknowledged that there are limitations and that many if not most people will be unsatisfied with buying an electric vehicle for general towing needs.

As for the OP's intentions, it is clear that he is not posting these threads ad nauseam for any real purpose of discussion as he has stated he is not reading any of the comments posted to this thread.

And stating that this review "may be of interest to those with the Ford Lightning" is assinine. Anyone who owns(has) a Ford Lightning is aware of the limitations regarding towing with it.

Then go to this thread and tell the good people the same thing you said here.

We ALL agree that electric vehicles are not tow vehicles.

I don't think we can ALL agree at all. See what Reisender say's about towing with his Tesla on this thread. He seems to like it and works good "for him". Also there are several people on this forum that have ordered the Cyber Truck and have stated they want to tow with them. So no, I don't think that we can agree at all about that. Several others on the net have said they are going to order the Tesla Semi when it comes out to tow with.

Now I know R seisender's setup would not work for me. Not even close. And it's not even close to the average American RV setup. I even think that it skirts along on the edge of super impractical for the average American RV'er just like putting a topper on a truck and calling it an RV.

BUT...that being said, he has every right to talk about his electric tow vehicle just as much as someone with a 1 ton diesel towing a 35' 5er or even a Prius towing a popup tent trailer.

Other people have every right to talk about and show reviews on the Lighting and other EV trucks. After all it is a pickup with a 10K tow rating.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Learjet wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
We get it already. The electric Ford F-150 is not up to towing. Do we have to have thread after thread stating the same thing over and over.

Why don't we just sit back and wait until something new comes out and then evaluate it?

It doesn't matter how many reviews get posted, they all say the same thing. No surprise. No argument.

Example...Just like I don't run my Ram 3500 Dually at the race track because it would suck...Doesn't mean it can't tow like a train.

FYI...I have an EV...I understand what is good and bad about it...I don't need others to just hate on EVs because its "new" technology and they are scared of change...and NO I'm not saying get rid of Gas or Diesel...EVs have their place and will evolve and may turn into something ground breaking.

Maybe you two should should review the forum you're on. This is a "towing Vehicle" forum. You know, where we discuss "towing vehicles".

Whether they be electric, diesel, gas, propane, fuel cell or other. That's what is discussed about in this forum. If any one of these fuels suck, we will discuss why....or why not.

We tow RV's and talk about towing RV's with vehicles. Whether that be a Ford, Chevy or Ram or Toyota or Tesla or any other tow vehicle.

If ANY vehicle sucks at towing we are going to discuss it whether you like it or not. You're not the towing vehicle forum police.

If you want to discuss why your electric vehicle is super cool while not towing you're free to go over to any fan boi forum and hang out. God knows there are plenty of electric fan boi forums.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Learjet wrote:
toedtoes wrote:

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
EV information without a clicky link...I'm passing ๐Ÿ˜ž

???"P.S. I do not view following comments."???
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
This whole electrification directive is a scam and will end badly.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
I see progress! Goobers waited two days to start a new EV whiner thread.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II