cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RVing with IBD?

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Ed has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and we're working with Doctors to get his insides in a "happier place". I am lobbying for a small Class C motorhome to make life easier for both of us: I am cooking a lot more anti-inflammatory meals (plus need more fridge to store those foods); and not having him try to crawl on his belly out of the pop-up truck camper bed to use the portapotty just doesn't sound like a great idea. Are there others who have colon issues and have been able to travel comfortably??

(I am able to do all of the driving and RV set-up. He just needs to be my favorite passenger)
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!
5 REPLIES 5

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with your wanting a C class over your existing unit. It will be a change but manageable, and the bath situation would be much improved. As above one of the reasons we chose a MH was in โ€œinflightโ€ access to bathroom, fridge, snacks, medicines. Wife has a small drugstore she carries for various maladies and my supply is not much smaller. Good luck and hope hubby starts to feel better.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, Iamichabod! Ed has had a hellish last few weeks, sprinkled with a C-diff infection and kidney failure due to other issues, so he's on prednisone and mesalamine. His "inflammation markers" were sky-high, poor guy. I think getting him out of Michigan's cold and winter gloom will do a lot for his spirits! Just trying to get him to Florida the most comfortable way possible.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I had an ongoing problem my GI DR. started me off with a over the counter supplement,IBgard

This over a short time worked very well,I started out at 2 pills 1/2 hour before each meal,as I got better I reduced it to 2 pills before my evening meal. This has worked very well and I have been have been pretty much pain free for more than 4 years now, He also suggested Citrucel it produces no gas.

Between the two I have been able to travel and live quite comfortably.
You might run this combo by your DR.and see what he says.

Good luck with this.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

dturm
One of the reasons we chose a motorhome vs trailer. Travel is pretty easy.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Make sure it has a big black tank.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member