cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

outside speakers

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 Forest River Forester 3011DS. It has outside speakers on the passenger side at the top, I can not find out how to turn them on, they turn on thur the radio/dvd system in the dash or is suppose to go thur the outside tv system or both. I am hoping that someone with the same model can tell me. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
In my old 2006 Forester, the outside speakers are fed from the Radio/CD/DVD player in the Entertainment Center, Not the one in the dash.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess that our 2005 E450 chassis based Itasca Class C is "old school":

The outside speakers only play sound from the outside radio and outside CD player.

Any TV we use inside must have it's own built-in speakers or we must connect it to the coach's inside surround speaker system normally fed by the dash radio or dash CD player.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Tom_Anderson
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
The only problem is everyone else can hear your music.
One night some camping neighbors were watching a Star Wars type movie. They were inside, but the outside speakers were really loud.

I knocked on their door. "Oh sorry we didn't know the outside speakers were on."

On my 2021 Sunseeker, the outside speakers are "A" and every time I turn on the TV inside, it defaults to the outside speakers being on. It's really annoying. One of these days I'll change it so it defaults to the inside speakers (or maybe disconnect the outdoor speakers, since I've never used them intentionally), but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Explorer II
Explorer II
So what was the final on this? Did you figure it out?

Was it button C on the Jensen?
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I will try the radio in the dash and check the speakers. I understand that outside speakers can be annoying to other campers, we are very conscience respectful to fellow campers with our music and porch/awning lights! Thanks again and Happy Camping!

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only problem is everyone else can hear your music.
One night some camping neighbors were watching a Star Wars type movie. They were inside, but the outside speakers were really loud.

I knocked on their door. "Oh sorry we didn't know the outside speakers were on."

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Where does the noise come from for the outside TV?
And have you tried fading the stereo front to rear?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have this radio system it's usually button C circled in red

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The radio/DVD system. On mine, use the โ€œmenuโ€ to find the โ€œspeakerโ€ tab. Usually two, sometimes three optionsโ€ฆA, B, C or one, two and three. However, outside speakers donโ€™t last long IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad