cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaced Florida Snowbirds Room Here

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
If your RV Park will be shut down this winter due to hurricane damage we have 1000's of available RV sites still available here in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. You will be treated like long time friends and the cost will likely be significantly less than Florida. Come and stay the season or make this your new Winter Destination. You may have to give up your Snowbird designation and become Winter Texans but heck, give it a try. Most of you will be glad you did. To all of you in Florida who have lost friends, property or your favorite Winter destination we are truly sad and sorry for your loss. Ron
pawatt
9 REPLIES 9

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, by all means, go to TX and avoid AZ. Way too many people in AZ - and they are all mean as all get out. 😉
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

Brassica
Explorer
Explorer
wiskeyVI wrote:
Brassica wrote:
searching near Corpus Christi

You may get a better response if you post in the “RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions” forum.
I’ll be following...

Thanks to both of you. We shifted plans to Georgia. Maybe I'll post about there. 🙂

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Brassica wrote:
Hi. Do you manage a particular RV park? Our search found a bunch or parks near Palmdale. We are making snowbirding plans. We are currently searching near Corpus Christi, TX, but we are open to ideas. Somewhere with quiet roads for cycling and a place to canoe and watch wildlife would be boffo. Thanks.

Not much near Corpus, Lots of parks in Rockport, Port Aransas and Aransas Pass. These are nice areas but colder and windier than the Rio Grande Valley. Best weather will be in the Rio Grande Valley and about 400 parks to choose from. Many have multiple daily activities and many dances, shows and music.
pawatt

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'll take the Florida weather instead of dealing with all that border drama. No thanks.

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
Brassica wrote:
Hi. Do you manage a particular RV park? Our search found a bunch or parks near Palmdale. We are making snowbirding plans. We are currently searching near Corpus Christi, TX, but we are open to ideas. Somewhere with quiet roads for cycling and a place to canoe and watch wildlife would be boffo. Thanks.

You may get a better response if you post in the “RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions” forum.
I’ll be following your questions as we may be that way this winter.

Brassica
Explorer
Explorer

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
You won't regret it!!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I’m coming just for the food!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
AND you’ll cultivate a taste for Tex-Mex food and Texas BBQ! Very good!