cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Google Maps Toll Prices

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
New to me, I tried Google Maps toll cost (for example Monterrey to Saltillo 121 pesos). It only shows one toll price so I am assuming that is for a car or van.

Is there a way to check all the toll prices on an android?
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
11 REPLIES 11

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....cheers Moisheh. Wishing ya a safe drive this fall to MX.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Silversand

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....I never considered using a complex toll app for Mexico (or, covering the US) as our rigs are SUV and 2500HD (pick-up) carrying truck camper. No dually, no towing.

I did more digging, and came up with an app that calculates:

-Auto: select from 2-axle cars, SUV, Carpool, Pickup with four tires, 6-tires, and 1-axle trailer attached.
-Truck: select from 2-axle trucks to 9-axle trucks. Enter the height and loaded weight of your truck.
-Bus: Choose between 2-axles or 3-axles. Enter height and loaded weight of the bus.
-RV or motorhome: Select whether you have a 1-axle trailer. Enter height and loaded weight.
-Motorcycle: Select whether you have a 1-axle trailer.

I never used it. It is called TollGuru. You can play with the interface, and enter exotic RV combos like motorcycle towing mini trailer; RV hauling double-axle trailer, etc, etc

here-->
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
moisheh wrote:
But this is an RV forum and car prices do not mean much. Dually trucks are considered 3 axles. A MH with a tag is considered 4 axles So a tag mh towing a regular truck may pay as 2 separate vehicles or they combine all the axles. I paid 200 pesos at the Nogales toll booth going south!

They are car prices that are valid for class B motorhomes. I was hoping that someone else might have additional knowledge on how to find the dually and additional axle prices on a map app for travel trailers.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
But this is an RV forum and car prices do not mean much. Dually trucks are considered 3 axles. A MH with a tag is considered 4 axles So a tag mh towing a regular truck may pay as 2 separate vehicles or they combine all the axles. I paid 200 pesos at the Nogales toll booth going south!

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚

Great. I'm loading this app on my phone and tablet...
Silver

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
silversand wrote:
....anyone ever try out TollSmart? It advertises as a free toll calculator (Apple and Android) for passenger cars (2 axle) Canada, USA and Mexico (and Brazil). here-->

I'm going to try it in a month for Canada and USA accuracy.

Reading an article on TollSmart providing its toll price data to Google Maps for drivers in the US...

On edit: .....I'm trying TollSmart's web browser app to calculate a US stretch of tolls that I already know. 100% accurate. Now, I'll try Nuevo Laredo to Monterrey, via 85D.....drum roll....282.00 MEX. Does this sound correct?

TollSmart trip calculator here-->

According to the SCT website, Traza Tu Ruta, the exact amount for an automobile from Nuevo Laredo to Monterrey is . . .

282 pesos

BINGO!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....anyone ever try out TollSmart? It advertises as a free toll calculator (Apple and Android) for passenger cars (2 axle) Canada, USA and Mexico (and Brazil). here-->

I'm going to try it in a month for Canada and USA accuracy.

Reading an article on TollSmart providing its toll price data to Google Maps for drivers in the US...

On edit: .....I'm trying TollSmart's web browser app to calculate a US stretch of tolls that I already know. 100% accurate. Now, I'll try Nuevo Laredo to Monterrey, via 85D.....drum roll....282.00 MEX. Does this sound correct?

TollSmart trip calculator here-->
Silver

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Here is a picture of the Google map showing the toll price. It is the total price from SMA to Oaxaca. Not sure how to show each toll booth or if it is even available. I guess you would have to map different stops.

After choosing the destination, select directions, and then click on the three dots choosing options and toll fees. The price will appear on the map.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
playaboy wrote:
I just saw that and updated my app. Where do you see toll prices?

I am going to be leaving Zihua and heading to Playa in the next couple of days. I would like to try it and see if it is accurate.

On my Samsung, they appear automatically but only for autos. On my patito it doesn't. You should be able to click the three dots in the upper right-hand corner after choosing your destination and then click on show toll prices.

I'm new to this so it will be a learning experience.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I just saw that and updated my app. Where do you see toll prices?

I am going to be leaving Zihua and heading to Playa in the next couple of days. I would like to try it and see if it is accurate.