cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Theft at a State park.......

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
Who in the world would want someone else's SEWER HOSE?

Woke up yesterday morning at Chain-O-lakes state park in northern Indiana (park was full) and walked around to the rear of the RV.

Bumper plug on the ground and stinky slinky GONE.......

I carry a couple in the bumper and the other one was still there......

Stupid is all I can think to say........
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 259FKDS.
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 ECO BOOST 4:30
31 REPLIES 31

dedmiston
We've squeezed all the juice out of this thread. Time to move on.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bird Freak wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
egarant wrote:
Donโ€™t let staying in a State Park give you a false sense of security, I was at the State Park in Lake Havasu in my truck camper, full hook ups, I unplugged my power cable but left my expensive surge protector locked to the electrical post, went around town, came back and the surge protector was gone!

I complained to the front desk they asked around and then the Ranger came by with my surge protector! He said the โ€œhelpโ€ had thought I was gone and took it for safe keeping in case I would return.

They didnโ€™t check if I was there another night, which I was, they kept it in their shed, not the front desk, where I would have gone. I told the Ranger I was going to call the City Police and he wanted no part of that, so they credited me with my entire stay for free.

Donโ€™t trust anyone or any placeโ€ฆ.

So someone did a good deed and you became a male Karen over the deal...pathetic...
I thought the same thing. I would have been thankful someone was trying to get it back to me.

Same same. I would have thanked them for securing it and grateful I got it back.

Sorry egarant, but I think your reaction is a tad over the top. Okay, maybe more than a tad....

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
egarant wrote:
Donโ€™t let staying in a State Park give you a false sense of security, I was at the State Park in Lake Havasu in my truck camper, full hook ups, I unplugged my power cable but left my expensive surge protector locked to the electrical post, went around town, came back and the surge protector was gone!

I complained to the front desk they asked around and then the Ranger came by with my surge protector! He said the โ€œhelpโ€ had thought I was gone and took it for safe keeping in case I would return.

They didnโ€™t check if I was there another night, which I was, they kept it in their shed, not the front desk, where I would have gone. I told the Ranger I was going to call the City Police and he wanted no part of that, so they credited me with my entire stay for free.

So someone did a good deed and you became a male Karen over the deal...pathetic...
I thought the same thing. I would have been thankful someone was trying to get it back to me.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

dedmiston
I've always wondered about that when a TC heads out for the day. There's a fine line between what constitutes the appearance of an abandoned campsite vs. "BRB". I've seen sites that look like the guests hit the road and forgot a cooler. Other sites look more obvious. I've always wondered what's "normal" for a TC and whether anybody travels with a cone and a sign saying that the space is occupied and they're just out for the day.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
egarant wrote:

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
egarant wrote:

Iโ€™ve also had chairs and a portable BBQ taken by the neighbors so they would not be โ€œstolenโ€. If not for some nicer neighbors who came by and told me what happened, I would have lost those as well.

So you got all your stuff back? Nobody stole anything? Stolen stuff is rarely returned.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
No way to determine what it is but I'm thinking there's more to the story and I doubt it was stolen.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
In SC the most popular thing stolen are bikes as they are very easy to steal and once stolen thief will not look suspicious riding a bike around.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III

Iโ€™ve also had chairs and a portable BBQ taken by the neighbors so they would not be โ€œstolenโ€. If not for some nicer neighbors who came by and told me what happened, I would have lost those as well.

2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears
2013 Eagle Cap 950
480 Watts Solar, 3K VictronConnect Multiplus II, VictronConnect smart DC-DC charger, VictronConnect 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
traildog wrote:
Who in the world would want someone else's SEWER HOSE?

Woke up yesterday morning at Chain-O-lakes state park in northern Indiana (park was full) and walked around to the rear of the RV.

Bumper plug on the ground and stinky slinky GONE.......

I carry a couple in the bumper and the other one was still there......

Stupid is all I can think to say........

Wow!! Great RVing issue to debate!!...:R...:@

Obviously - somebody lost theirs (the highway "thing") or theirs was
damaged.

Theft prevention: carry it inside your RV...:B

Guess I should have gone past the first two replies, but I'll pass.

~

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Sounds like the start of a new industry. Sewer hose rentals!
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Well, if nothing else I am in a better place than someone needing to steal a poop hose. Heck, I'll let someone borrow mine - why not, poop is poop... just rinse it out. I have friends who own septic pump out companies... as they say: "that is the smell of money!" lol!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
charlestonsouthern wrote:
I really canโ€™t figure out why someone would take the chance or risk of being injured or death by stealing junk, such as sewer hoses, grills, or bicycles, etc. Nowadays, people with legal permits have protection and have motion cameras on their RVs. I guess thieves think their lives are worth less than the junk or their IQ is below 100, take your pick. Weโ€™ve been lucky; the only living creatures messing around on our camp sites at odd hours are squirrels, raccoons, and grazing deer.

The thieves do not care. They will wave at security cameras.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
^^^^^^^With our own money.
Puma 30RKSS