cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Cougar Fifth Wheel RV

DreamComeTrue
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Cougar Fifth Wheel RV. Living room and bedroom slideouts.

Never move the living room slide but do the bedroom. Put it in to clean the RV and now it won't go back out. The wall button pushed down for out makes no sound. Dead.

We checked out by the battery with a voltage tester and we get positive result.

we have a small gadget 2 x 3 inches with in/our buttons for Main, Bed, Front Jacks, Opp. Also for Security Light On LCI in that order top to bottom.

Supposed to have a booklet for that gadget but I can't find it. I have a three-inch thick file for the RV but not that booklet.

We were hoping to use the gadget to bring the slide out.

Q1 - does anyone have a booklet for this gadget? It does not have a model or brand name on it.

Q2 - Does anyone know if there is a manual way to get the slide to move down under the mattress/below a huge piece of plywood and under all that is a motor and lots of wires? Is there a handle or something that we can use to manually move slide out?

I will NEVER bring the slide in again. I don't travel in it, just live in it.

Q3 - any suggestions or ideas. I am age 80 now and want to take care of this as best I can until I meet the Grim Reaper.
5 REPLIES 5

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Usually electric slide motors just have two wires and the switches reverse the polarity for in and out. I have also found resettable circuit breakers in some crazy places
Can you find somebody that’s a little bit handy with electricity and a test light?
It will probably turn out to be something really simple… Once you find the problem! Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
My brother in law had a similar issue on his Rockwood. We found a resettable type fuse near the battery that needed to be reset. It was a red looking small square thing with a very tiny black button to push to reset.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:

A knowledgeable neighbor or friend may be able to help, if not call a mobile RV tech. It shouldn't cost much.

Go with the "if not".
You should be able to get a "ballpark" fee quoted from a phone call to an RV tech (Mobile RV service).

Try more than one!

:W

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The first thing we need to know is if the slides are hydraulic or electric.
If hydraulic there is a valve you open to release the pressure and then physically push it out.
If it's electric it likely has a mechanical option to get it back out.
Is there a slide lock between the wall and the interior frame that seals the slide to the wall when out?
A knowledgeable neighbor or friend may be able to help, if not call a mobile RV tech. It shouldn't cost much.
Puma 30RKSS

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Could you either read and then tell us what the name/brand or whatever is on the control? A photo would also be helpful.