cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Corn Pudding - Camping

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's a simple "dump and bake" corn pudding that can be made at camp. Or make at home then freeze and take with you. It can be defrosted and reheated in the mw.

Easy Corn Pudding
Ingredients
• 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
• 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn
• 1/4 pound (1 stick) butter, softened
• 1 (8.5 ounce) package corn bread mix (I use Jiffy).
• 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (optional)

(*Double everything for a crowd.)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C ). Put butter in 2 quart casserole dish, place in oven until melted.
2. Remove casserole dish and add creamed corn, kernel corn, corn muffin mix and sour cream. Mix well, bake uncovered approximately 30 minutes

*Doubled recipe takes 50 minutes to an hour.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
5 REPLIES 5

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Diamond c wrote:
Last thanksgiving I made corn chowder from TH OLD MILL ain’t pigeon Forge. It turned out great. My mother and I loved it,but my kids and nephews hardly touched it.

Yeah kids are different sometimes. Just made another double batch for a pot luck last week. The sweet Jiffy mix makes it tempting to our kiddos.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
Last thanksgiving I made corn chowder from TH OLD MILL ain’t pigeon Forge. It turned out great. My mother and I loved it,but my kids and nephews hardly touched it.

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
The Corn Pudding sounds great...I love Corn, so need to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
ReneeG wrote:
I have this same recipe, but modified by a friend a bit:

Spread the sour cream on the top and cover with about a cup of grated cheddar cheese.

You can also add a can of diced Ortega green chilis.

Yep, you can do any number of additions for the flavors you want. I stick to the basic for the grandkids.

Magnus

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I have this same recipe, but modified by a friend a bit:

Spread the sour cream on the top and cover with about a cup of grated cheddar cheese.

You can also add a can of diced Ortega green chilis.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton