cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Coax for Roof Antenna

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, a tree branch caught the loop of coax at the base of my crank up antenna and ripped it apart. I need to cut, strip and crimp a connector on the stub that remains. Then I need a 4-5 ft length of coax with connectors to run up the lift arm to the antenna and a bullet to join them together. Where can I buy these items that are high quality and weather proof? Original was just RG-59. I want to upgrade to outdoor rated cable. Outdoor rated connectors with o-rings, etc. Not just the normal indoor bubble pack at Lowes. Moisture is what kills the TV signal.

Thanks....
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
4 REPLIES 4

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
get this and some RG6 make your own cable of the length you want. The Klein kit makes it easy peasy to do excellent crimp connection. Use RG6 rather than RG59, RG6 is much lower loss than RG59 and usually is quad shielded to avoid interference issues.

Klein coax kit
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
You may find an inline connection buried in the sealer where the coax penetrates the roof. I've had good luck with indoor/outdoor RG-6 coax with weathertight fittings from Phat Satellite:

PHAT SATELLITE 4ft Black TRI-Shield Indoor Outdoor RG-6 Coaxial Cable Weather Boot Connectors 75 Ohm
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Amazon
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed