cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beach trip

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer

Just a few pictures from our first extended stay with the Ghost at cape lookout. Sure hope the pictures up load. Thanks forlooking, Barry
2006 F350 4x4 DRW CREW CAB 6.0

SNOWRIVER 9'6" DINETTE ALL WEATHER PACKAGE

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER
13 REPLIES 13

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
I spray the underneath of my rig with Fluidfilm every Spring before I hit the beach, it does seem to help. After I get back from every trip I take my powerwasher and use an undercarriage spray bar I got from Amazon and modified it to spray better. I find the 4000 PSI of the powerwasher helps to get the sand out of those hard to hit places.

I wish we could use UTV's up this way on our beach but they are not allowed, that would help ALOT getting to the narrow spots on our beach here in MD. This past year we have lost quite a bit of beach due to storms, which hopefully will be built up again over the winter somewhat.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing like camping at the beach!
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer

A few more pictures from our trip. Weather wasn't always sunny. We had a couple of days with 25 - 30 mph and rain. Helps YOU appreciated the nice weather days. Hoping my pictures post. It's a toss up using photobucket. It's the easiest for me to post pictures when it cooperates. Barry

*Resized by adding width=640 to the image

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice, it's a lot of work when I get home. Sand finds its way to every hidden area. I put an oscillating sprinkler under the belly and move it a couple feet till I feel it is cleaned. Takes three hours or so. It's the same amount of work for two nights or 14. I stayed 14 nights, can't wait for the next adventure. My truck is an 06, it has been on the beach every year. I had the under carriage undercoated before this trip. It is the second time since new. Trying my best to care of my equipment. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Not a bad haul, I wish I could keep that size drum here in MD, have to put them back as it isn't slot size. Drum, blue, pompano, all on my favorite list to catch while camping on the beach.

Make sure and wash your undercarriage really good with salt gone or similar product to prevent rust.

Awesome time of year to have the beach to yourself!
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Barry W wrote:
I really liked this photo. The host looks ghostly as the sun was setting. Barry

Please add width=600 or just use http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1 which will add it for you. Setting the width works better for those who don't have high resolution screens.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]
I really liked this photo. The host looks ghostly as the sun was setting. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Great pics. I love fishing and camping....to do it on the beach and have your own rig with you.....that's just having your cake and eating it too! BTW....nice rig set up!
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. Glad you had room for the dog. They really love to camp.

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Jerry, we fish from the surf. I enjoy it much more than in a boat. The bite was a little slow but that's ok, it's not all about the catching. We had plenty to keep us fed. Nothing compares to cooking your catch with sand between your toes. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Nice pics Barry!

Looks like a beautiful, and quiet spot to camp! I don't know much about fishing, but curious, did you catch those from shore, or is there a fishing dock nearby?

Jerry

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I’m too chicken to camp that close to the water! lol Wonderful pictures. TY for posting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad