cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New B & W WD trailer hitch

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
My son is at the SEMA show today and sent me a pic of the new B & W weight distributing hitch. This is very new, B & W must be debuting it at the show. Not a lot of info on it yet, but is appears it might become availably in Dec 22.

From what little we can see, this is targeted towards trailers in need of WD but not necessarily built in anti sway control. Think car hauler trailers, tilt bed trailers, enclosed box trailers, any heavy tongue weight trailer needing easy adjustable WD for changing tongue weights. This could be a help for toy haulers with changing tongue weight loads, but again no anti sway in the picture, at least as of now. Not sure yet what tongue weights this is rated for yet or the draw bar hitch head.

The hitch is called the B & W Continuum Weight Distribution Hitch.

There is a write up on the hitch with 2 pics on the Diesel Army website here: https://www.dieselarmy.com/features/sema-coverage/sema-2022-a-weight-distribution-hitch-that-changes...

And B & W has a video of it on their Facebook page. I'm not on Facebook, but the video will play without being a member. This shows how it hooks up and unhooks. You can expand the video into full screen to see a bigger picture.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1285089202286447

Since I'm into all makes and models of WD hitches to see what new is, and how they are accomplishing the WD, this is for sure different. For targeting easy adjustable WD, a light weight hitch head, and more even WD pressure through all types of towing terrain then spring bars, this has merit. Time will tell how this unfolds. It seems we have to wait for the main B & W web site to release the catalog specs etc. for it.

Thought I would pass this along to the other WD curious ones here on the forum. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit 11-5-22 Here is one pic my son sent me from the SEMA show.

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.
11 REPLIES 11

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Groover wrote:
I must be missing something. I don't see anything about that hitch that would make me want to change from standard torsion bars. I have been hooking up torsion bars for 50 years and haven't had much trouble out of them.

Not having to handle the trunnion bars or fight with snap-up brackets are a couple of big advantages.

But they're probably not expecting you to scrap your existing hitch for this one. What they're looking for are new buyers who come in with preconceived notions about conventional hitches.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Looks expensive... and introduces a new failure mode to the task of weight distribution. Although, appears handy in that it's easier physically to engage than most standard wdhs.

I'll keep my airbags though....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it says B&W trust it will be good!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved from Tow Vehicles to Towing on OP request.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Groover wrote:
I must be missing something. I don't see anything about that hitch that would make me want to change from standard torsion bars. I have been hooking up torsion bars for 50 years and haven't had much trouble out of them.

No hydraulic pump or seal leaks???? No bleed down????
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
looks like it might be a nice hitch for V nose trailers.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
JBarca wrote:
Fisherguy wrote:
Are you still using the Reese Strait Line John?

Hi Fish,

Yes, I am still using the original HP DC bought in Jan 2004 on the first camper. When the T310SR in my sig came along in 2007, I upgraded the trunnion WD bars from 1,200 to 1,700# and I bought the 2 1/2" shank to handle the heavier tongue weight of the camper. The the rest of the hitch moved to the new camper.

I'm still at 1,600# TW fully loaded, on just under 10K pounds GVW on the camper, the DC has close to 65K miles on it with the same older style snapup's bolted to the frame. The 1,700# WD bars and 2 1/2" shank at approx. 45K miles. We lost 2 years of long distance camping with Covid issues or the miles would of been higher.

Same camper, same hitch, same truck. Although I did buy a new ARE truck cap last summer, wish I had done that sooner. No plans in the near or longer distance future to change anything.

Thanks

John

Hi John,
Ya when we talked last you'd just retired and built a new house with a huge shop, glad you're doing well.

Not much change on this end either, same truck and trailer, take the Dodge off the road in the winter now, lotsa salt and sand up here and not in a hurry to buy a newer truck with all the pollution ****, sensors etc.
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
Fisherguy wrote:

Hi Fish,

Yes, I am still using the original HP DC bought in Jan 2004 on the first camper. When the T310SR in my sig came along in 2007, I upgraded the trunnion WD bars from 1,200 to 1,700# and I bought the 2 1/2" shank to handle the heavier tongue weight of the camper. The the rest of the hitch moved to the new camper.

I'm still at 1,600# TW fully loaded, on just under 10K pounds GVW on the camper, the DC has close to 65K miles on it with the same older style snapup's bolted to the frame. The 1,700# WD bars and 2 1/2" shank at approx. 45K miles. We lost 2 years of long distance camping with Covid issues or the miles would of been higher.

Same camper, same hitch, same truck. Although I did buy a new ARE truck cap last summer, wish I had done that sooner. No plans in the near or longer distance future to change anything.

Thanks

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like an interesting alternative to the current hitches out here. Give it some time and weโ€™ll see if it stands up to its claim. Some people on You Tube will give it reviews.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge