cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leadville, CO

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Any recommendation for camping here? Was looking for a place in town. Thanks you. Betsy.
Betsy
5 REPLIES 5

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
After reading reviews, the USFS are the best. We don't need hookups but have a 35' FW. The CGs in town don't get the best reviews. Decisions, Decisions. Thanks all. Betsy
Betsy

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I definitely prefer the Forest Service campgrounds on Turquoise Lake, but they are tough to get into on weekends, and are, of course, not in the city.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
vermilye wrote:
While it has been awhile, I stayed atSugar Loafin'. As noted on their web page, they don't reopen util May 13th...

^^^ This if you need hookups

Sugar Loafin is not far from town and the only other option in the area that is not USFS is Leadville RV Corral, which is not very highly rated. H E R E - For Reviews and H E R E RV Corral For their website.

As to the USFS campgrounds, there's several in the Leadville area, the best of which are Baby Doe, Matchless, and Molly Brown.

These USFS campgrounds are very seasonal and are at or higher elevation than Leadville. No amenities at all, some narrow roads and generally better suited to tent campers and smaller trailers/motor homes under 25 or so feet.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you.
Betsy

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
While it has been awhile, I stayed atSugar Loafin'. As noted on their web page, they don't reopen util May 13th...