cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chicago tolls

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leaving Elkhart, IN heading to Illini State Park, past Joliet IL. How many tolls will I encounter? I tried to circumvent Chicago tolls once and went through some unsavory areas of town. Rather not do that again. Driving a 26' Class C if that matters.
Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
5 REPLIES 5

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
rk911 wrote:
payment options are electronic transponder or pay online AFTER you return home. there are no human toll-takers. the Indiana toll transponder as well as the EZ Pay transponder.

This is the part that's a pain. There's not a good warning until it's too late.

Yeah, it's only a couple bucks (actually less) but it takes an hour to get logged in, set up an account, then you find out that it can be up to 30days before the toll hits your account, so then you have to remember to go back and periodically check or you start getting nasty notes in the mal about your huge $2 unpaid debt.

Just put in a credit card machine. It will be far less of a hassle going thru a slow lane than the way they have it set up.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

dturm
My last toll at that plaza (I80-294) was $3.00 - motorhome towing.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks a bunch. Really appreciate the info.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
If you take Indiana toll road, 2, otherwise as Rich said 1 at I80/294. Approx toll $1.00
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
I-80: one WB toll where 80 meets I-294. the chicago area toll roads are I-294 (Tri State), I-88 (Reagan), I-355 (Veteran's Memorial), I-90 (Northwest).

payment options are electronic transponder or pay online AFTER you return home. there are no human toll-takers. the Indiana toll transponder as well as the EZ Pay transponder.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle