cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Changing Screen Mesh - No-See-Ums?

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Has anyone ever changed out their screens with mesh sufficient enough to reduce no-see-ums in the RV?

If so, what type or size of screen mesh did you use?

Thanks in advance.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
6 REPLIES 6

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
JimK-NY wrote:
With years of use, I thought the screening in my RV worked well. I camped next to the Colorado river near Moab and was plagued by a hatch of small gnats. The first night I gave up, turned off the lights and went to bed early. The second night I sprayed DEET on the screens. That works pretty well and I was able to stay up and watch a movie on my laptop.

Added protection, thanks!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
With years of use, I thought the screening in my RV worked well. I camped next to the Colorado river near Moab and was plagued by a hatch of small gnats. The first night I gave up, turned off the lights and went to bed early. The second night I sprayed DEET on the screens. That works pretty well and I was able to stay up and watch a movie on my laptop.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks, everyone. It is worth a try should we go to the Mexican coast.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, I bought a roll of No see um from Home Depot and re-screened all but one of my windows in my last two RV's (hate these long winters). I haven't noticed any difference in air flow although I'm sure there's some minor reduction.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Like above, my screen house tent, keeps them out. Problem is, it stops the air movement too. While you can see through it, a nice breeze is held back.

If you had this fine screen on your RV windows, and door, a breeze would likely not pass through very well. IMO...choice, no see ums, or close up, run the AC.

Jerry

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Our screen house is rated as no-see-um proof and it really is. I don't know what size the mesh is except the openings are really tiny.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate