cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing TAG with Forester

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone have experience towing a TAG Basic or TAG XL with a Suburu Forester 2.5? My daughter's Suburu is rated to tow 1500# and she is looking at a TAG Basic (995# dry) and a TAG XL (1200# dry). She is concerned about how the Forester will do in the mountains.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
10 REPLIES 10

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
Formaid wrote:
A tow tagging system is a way to track vehicles using GPS technology. A tow tag is a small device that attaches to the vehicle's frame or bumper. When activated, the device sends out a signal that can be picked up by a receiver mounted on the vehicle being tracked.

Possibly, but totally irrelevant to this conversation.

How is it hard for people to recognize spammers?

I tried to notify the administrators, but I couldn't get the notify to work.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

dedmiston
Grit dog wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
Formaid wrote:
A tow tagging system is a way to track vehicles using GPS technology. A tow tag is a small device that attaches to the vehicle's frame or bumper. When activated, the device sends out a signal that can be picked up by a receiver mounted on the vehicle being tracked.

Member not found.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bobbo wrote:
Formaid wrote:

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Formaid wrote:

Bobbo and Lin

Formaid
Explorer
Explorer

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
CVTs and towing trailers are generally always a bad recipe. That's why the leaf lickers carry tents, jet boils and backpacks!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
The engine can handle it. I cannot say about the transmission, particularly if it has a cvt. A manual or a conventional automatic can be downshifted to keep tranny from overheating. In any event, she should plan to go slower up long, steep grades... like 35 or 45 mph depending on the grade.

15 years ago I knew of a handful of people who were towing 13โ€™ Scamps with stick shift Subies. A Tag is lighter and lower.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used to tow a utility trailer with DW's Forrester to move laundry equipment and it was just fine.
Don't expect to have four big adults in the vehicle or a bunch of gear. Load the trailer in a balanced manor and go light in the vehicle and I would run that combo.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
CarnationSailor wrote:
Anyone have experience towing a TAG Basic or TAG XL with a Suburu Forester 2.5? My daughter's Suburu is rated to tow 1500# and she is looking at a TAG Basic (995# dry) and a TAG XL (1200# dry). She is concerned about how the Forester will do in the mountains.

We know folks with a T@G basic that is typically around 1250 to 1300 pounds loaded. Itโ€™s within the limits. Maybe just take one for a test tow and see how it goes. Fun little trailer.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even the TAG Basic will be too much once it is loaded for travel.
Bobbo and Lin