cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 Fleetwood Flair 28A fridge question...

rogerconnelly
Explorer
Explorer
I find myself in the following scenario:

1. The storage place I'm storing my Flair at for the winter does have power I can plug into, and I'd like to do that (for other reasons).
2. However, when I'm plugged into external power, the refrigerator is always on - I'd like it not to be.
3. Yes, I know about (and have used) the "aux" button on the control panel to turn ALL things off, but, similar to what I said in #1, I don't want to do that - I actually need some of the power plugs in the vehicle on.
4. I thought I could flip the circuit breaker for the fridge off, but the same circuit breaker for the fridge also controls the inverter, which I do want to be on or again, the plugs don't work.
5. I can't figure out how to get behind the fridge and just pull the plug on it - which I'm sure there is one as all the other appliances on this RV are just plugged into sockets just like in a house.

Can anyone tell me how to get to where I can unplug the fridge - or is there another solution here? Thanks up front.
5 REPLIES 5

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
^^A likely spot for plug-in. My built-in microwave has it's own plug-in, inside of the cupboard next to it.

Jerry

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
According to the insignia manuals, there is no way to shut off without disconnecting the power cord. BUT, usually, some OEM's have the refer power outlet at the back wall on a cabinet next to the refer cabinet. You have to remove a drawer or access panel and reach in and unplug. This is if they do NOT have an outside access plate behind the refer. Doug

rogerconnelly
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Doug - it's an Insignia refrigerator if memory serves me correctly, but I'll have to grab the model number next time I'm over at my parking unit.

And thanks RedRollingRoadblock - there are two screwed on panels to the cabinet it sits in above and below the refrigerator itself - I think I may need to take one of those out so as to be able to reach where the plug must be - but I was hoping to hear form someone here first if my suspicion there is correct - maybe someone who has done this already.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Can you reach to where the fridge is plugged in?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
post brand and model of refer. Some refers can be turned off, but you have to follow a specific procedure. Some you can turn off the cooling system and that leaves just the interior light that comes on when you open the door. Others turn off the complete power to the refer. Doug

The REASON there is a specific procedure on some refers is simple. You want the refer to always come back ON if there is ever a 120 power outage.