cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Ox True Center issue.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if anyone still has this steering stabilizer. Mine came with it and I love it because you can recenter the steering when you have crosswinds or crowned roads. But just recently mine started to not hold the centered position anymore. If I press the button it centers, but then after a mile or so it reverts back to being off center. Curious if anyone has dealt with this. IDE hate to replace it with a standard stabilizer.
Looking for advice.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
5 REPLIES 5

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
I had two of them and both fell apart after a couple years of use. Great while they are working, but they don’t hold up.
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. The MH is in storage until the spring so I can’t check anything until then. I have been told that the very small spot welds that hood the solenoid can break loose and cause this issue. So next spring I will remove the inspection plate and check that as well as the connections.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had one till the semi driver totaled my RV (He actually did me a major favor as it turns out) and other than one time it failed.. Loved it.. And Blue ox sent me another no argument.. the 2nd one was "Updated" and lasted 13 years and was still working when the rig went to Insurance auto auction.

Folks in addtion to the blue ox I added a track bar..
First trip Detroit to las vegas Without.. IT was a great relief to drive the towed around vegas.

2nd trip After the stabilizer and track bar.. Man was that towed hard to drive
(Same towed, Same RV).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I removed the S-T-+ stabilizer until I could make it adjustable on the fly… made my own using a linear activator.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have one and love it. From time to time I experienced similar issues that were always corrected by cleaning of all electrical connections.