cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eagle vs Montana High Country vs Avenue

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Any thoughts on quality difference in these 3? I’m looking at their 3 slide rear living. The Montana HC is the favorite as far as layout, and appearance.

We’ve been very dissatisfied with out 2016 Heritage Glen.

I know they are all gonna have issues, and most things I’ll fix myself. It’s easier than dragging it an hour or two to the dealer.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up
7 REPLIES 7

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
handsome51 wrote:
Pbutler97, I will disagree with you on you last statement(Not that they were much better prior).
I have a 2006 Carriage I bought brand new in 2006. It is a very well build Rv. They don't build them like that anymore.

I will admit that RV manufacturers make the RV look nice on the inside and outside. But they aren't very good in between.

We have owned two Carriage Cameos and are selling our NuWa HitcHiker Champagne as we are retiring from full time RVing. These manufactures built a more expensive and better constructed trailer than anything built by Thor or Forest River. We have looked at getting a smaller bumper pull for shorter trips but are sorely disappointed in the garbage being offered today.

Your money will be better spent if you look for an older high-end trailer and putting a few dollars in it for repairs.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

handsome51
Explorer
Explorer
Pbutler97, I will disagree with you on you last statement(Not that they were much better prior).
I have a 2006 Carriage I bought brand new in 2006. It is a very well build Rv. They don't build them like that anymore. I have had it a little over 16 years and it has been a good one. I have had many enjoyable trips with it over the years. Including staying in it during Hurricane Ike in 2008. And I mean exactly that, during the Hurricane.
CenterPoint cut the electricity off while the skies were clear and Hurricane Ike had not even made it to us yet. It got hot in the house so we moved in the RV and Cranked up the generator. And that is where we stayed during the Hurricane and a few days after till the electricity got turned back on in the house.
I will admit that RV manufacturers make the RV look nice on the inside and outside. But they aren't very good in between.

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Our Solitude came with a 18cf Norcold. We replaced it with a 20cf res fridge.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
wowens79 wrote:
TXiceman wrote:
Have you looked at the Grand Design product line? I believe they are a bit better than the ones you listed.

Ken

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at GD, and they are in the running. There are 2 things I don't like, I don't like the dark cabinets (23's are lighter, but wanting a closeout), and I want a residential fridge, I don't trust that Furrion 12v fridge.

All of the Solitudes are available with a full-size, 120VAC residential refrigerator. We have one in ours.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
TXiceman wrote:
Have you looked at the Grand Design product line? I believe they are a bit better than the ones you listed.

Ken

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at GD, and they are in the running. There are 2 things I don't like, I don't like the dark cabinets (23's are lighter, but wanting a closeout), and I want a residential fridge, I don't trust that Furrion 12v fridge.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
Pbutler97 wrote:
TXiceman wrote:

Ken

I have, and actually owned one, but believe what you wish, I don't. They talk a good line but they're just a slapped together, mass produced Indiana RV stuffed full of LCI junk like most all the rest. One of the players in Alliance RV which makes the Avenue the OP mentions, was a player in Grand Design, and before that Keystone. It's the same old thing over and over.

If I was the OP I'd not get obsessed over brand, but would be looking at individual units on a dealers lot somewhere that has at least 3 or more of the same rigs sitting side by side. The word consistency is not in the RV Industry's vocabulary.

It's gonna be tough though because what I have seen is everything out there built since 2020 is mostly garbage. Not that they were much better prior.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot