cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to bumper sewer hose carrier

Skipg
Explorer
Explorer
I have the standard 4 x 4” rear bumper on my travel trailer. Trying to put in the rhino flex sewer hose with plastic adapter on the end is very difficult does anyone have an alternative way to carry this sewer hose rather than the bumper. Thanks for your input.
11 REPLIES 11

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I use 5 inch vinyl fence post and a section of vinyl gutter which acts as a tray:

Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

wra
Explorer
Explorer
I use a PVC black drain field pipe under my RV. I use hose clamps for mounting it in place. I use a long nut and bolt on each end to keep it in place. The nut and bolt on the entry end is easily unscrewed to allow removing and returning the drain hose. All the parts are available at Lowes, Home Depot and local hardware stores.

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
I got a 4" piece of pvc about 6' long, put a cap on one end and a screw fitting on the other end and hose clamped it to the top of the rear bumper. Has worked great for me for over 20,000 miles of travelling. Replaced the hose clamps(screw type) once when they got a little rusty. Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
I keep our sewer hoses in a solid black tote and all our fresh water supplies in a clear tote. Electrical items in a grey tote.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a RhinoFlex and keep it in one of those round holders. However, the sewer connector end won't fit in there. Fortunately, it comes off leaving the 90 degree angle able to fit. I put the end in the propane tank cover on one of the propane tanks.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
The RhinoFlex won't fit in one of the made-to-purpose under-frame tubes with the 90 deg. elbow attached, either. Like IAMICHABOD, I keep the main hose and other fittings in a large RubberMaid tub in the basement while on the road. I keep extensions in the two under-frame tubes that came on our rig.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is always connected ready to go. It has a box covering the connection with a door for access. The box has a long tube attached in the rear for the hose to slide and go into which leaves room for fittings in the box.

I open the door, pull out the hose, attach the 90 degree fitting and dump the grey water last to rinse the hose.

When done the hose stays attached and slide the hose back into it's tube and close the watertight door.

I never need to connect nor disconnect the hose this way also eliminating the need to R and R the cap.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I keep all my Rhino sewer hoses,The 15 Foot and The 5 Foot extension and all fittings in a Rubbermaid Tote,this keeps them away from everything so it won't contaminate anything and it is stackable.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
5" Fence post works best.

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camping world has a tube that goes under the trailer. I have one on mine, it is round with a cap, fits 2 sewer hoses connected together. I'm sure you can find it on their website.