cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slippery Doo Dah

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Awakened to a thin layer of ice on our roads this morning. Nothing hardcore but enough to get the careless ditched.

Winter wonders are wiley when we are driving. Letโ€™s be careful out there.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
3 REPLIES 3

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crowe wrote:
'Tis the season for black ice. We had unexpected snow squalls last night which can create black ice in heartbeat. People just need to slow down.

Exactly and even a little condensation on the roads mixed with the oily film from leaking vehicles is a problem.

The latest problems are the speeding motorcycles dodging in and out of traffic. The kids driving them take some awful risks especially on winter roads. 6 motorcycle accidents in one week, all motorcyclists killed and 3 drivers put in the hospital who tried to avoid hitting the motorcyclists.

Winter is here folks. Slow and steady for safety.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
'Tis the season for black ice. We had unexpected snow squalls last night which can create black ice in heartbeat. People just need to slow down.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
I didn't encounter any ice. ๐Ÿ™‚

edit
---

Ice warnings aren't much value without some indication of locality.