cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question for class A and C people with toads!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone noticed more and more lately of poorly located sewer connections. Most are located at the rear of a pull through, far enough back the toad would be left in the road. And some of these are high end resorts. Itโ€™s like they forgot that a MH has its connection in the middle of the rig which is farther forward than a TT or 5th wheel. Now some places are smart and have 2 or 3 connections to choose based on the RV location.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
23 REPLIES 23

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
dodge guy wrote:
Lantley wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Yes I could disconnect the toad, but as has been said, when staying for the night itโ€™s the reason I got a pull through! Some of these resorts are just that. One was a high end resort that was 2 years old. If we werenโ€™t in the area for a wedding for a couple days I wouldโ€™ve been very upset. Itโ€™s really not that hard or expensive to put a T underground and another 10 or 20FT section of 3โ€ PVC pipe with an elbow to move the outlet forward to make it useable for everyone!

Cutting in tee's is a lot more expensive than another 10' of sewer hose

Not during the building of a campground, itโ€™s pretty easy and cheap. Like I said, Iโ€™ve used 30-40ft Of sewer hose before. Not doing that again!

It's only easy and cheap if the sewer main or septic is deep enough and the ground is clear enough. Cutting in 2 sewers-per campsite add$ up.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Yes I could disconnect the toad, but as has been said, when staying for the night itโ€™s the reason I got a pull through! Some of these resorts are just that. One was a high end resort that was 2 years old. If we werenโ€™t in the area for a wedding for a couple days I wouldโ€™ve been very upset. Itโ€™s really not that hard or expensive to put a T underground and another 10 or 20FT section of 3โ€ PVC pipe with an elbow to move the outlet forward to make it useable for everyone!

Not during the building of a campground, itโ€™s pretty easy and cheap. Like I said, Iโ€™ve used 30-40ft Of sewer hose before. Not doing that again!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
If the CG's you refer to are for class A's only you may have a point on the sewer location. But once you recognize the sites must accommodate all types of RV's it becomes apparent the sewer location is not a one size fits all scenario.
The location is determined more by the location of the property's sewer main than
the RV type!
Correct Trax,Splendide

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
Dodge Guy, I am with you.

As others have mentioned poorly located utilities are not insurmountable, but they are 100% annoying. I work full time, so when we travel on vacations, it usually involves two or three days of 6 - 10-hour drives, each way, to reach our final location(s). It is irritating to pull into your pull through site to find out you need to unhook just to dump because the sewer drain is three or four hoses from my midship connections.

We don't always have the luxury to dump somewhere else. We might have a load of laundry to do, or perhaps we skipped dumping on the last stop or two for similar issues.

Sure, I can unhook or use 40' of hose, or dump somewhere else, but these all defeat the purpose of the pull through site, which I undoubtedly paid more money for. I don't want to clean four or five hoses out, pull into another dump, etc. at 5:00 AM before we hit the next leg of our trip. It is not efficient. It wastes my most valuable resource - time - and well, I have no time for that ๐Ÿ™‚

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
dodge guy wrote:

Correct Trax,Splendide

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Cptnvideo wrote:
I guess I don't understand since we don't ever stay 1 night at a RV Park. We can dry camp for 1 night. So, why do you even need to drag out sewer hoses for 1 night? I assume your black and gray tanks are bigger than 5 gallons.

Right for 1 night itโ€™s not an issue. But for a place we are at for a few days itโ€™s fine. But the night before I leave, I have to dump the tanks, move the coach forward, put the slides back out and relevel, then I can connect the car. We leave early in the morning.
Like I said, itโ€™s a simple thing to do when laying out a campground.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
I guess I don't understand since we don't ever stay 1 night at a RV Park. We can dry camp for 1 night. So, why do you even need to drag out sewer hoses for 1 night? I assume your black and gray tanks are bigger than 5 gallons.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Again:

Bobbo wrote:
I don't think it is reasonable to expect every site in every campground to be set up perfectly for every camper. That is why we have extensions.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
willald wrote:
Cptnvideo wrote:
Unhook the toad and back up. Park the toad in front of the MH.
We've had 41' and a 43' diesel pushers, never thought it was a big deal to unhook the toad.

Itโ€™s not, but when youโ€™re only passing thru on your way to or from somewhere, staying one night and just need a quick rest for the evening and getting back on the road the next morningโ€ฆ.in that case I donโ€™t want to have to unhook the toad, thereโ€™s no reason to.

You mean no reason other than dumping the tanks?

There is always another option. Since you are pulling out in the morning anyway, just pull to their dump station. Or, drive to the next campground and use THEIR dump station or site sewer connection.

We were gonna do that (use dump station on way out), but the water hose at dump station didnโ€™t have a connector to allow us to flush out the black tank, so we chose to instead just drive back into the site and line up further back in the site so the shorter hose would reach.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
willald wrote:
Cptnvideo wrote:
We've had 41' and a 43' diesel pushers, never thought it was a big deal to unhook the toad.

Itโ€™s not, but when youโ€™re only passing thru on your way to or from somewhere, staying one night and just need a quick rest for the evening and getting back on the road the next morningโ€ฆ.in that case I donโ€™t want to have to unhook the toad, thereโ€™s no reason to.

You mean no reason other than dumping the tanks?

There is always another option. Since you are pulling out in the morning anyway, just pull to their dump station. Or, drive to the next campground and use THEIR dump station or site sewer connection.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Unhook the toad and back up. Park the toad in front of the MH." I agree We almost always unhook the toad to go explore the area anyway. Why go to a new area to just sit.
The 2 problems with sewer connections I didn't see mentioned are those down in a concrete funnel that is so deep and steep you can't attach the hose to the 90 degree elbow. That and the ones so hi it looks like a cactus. I had one this summer that was almost higher than the outlet on the RV.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cptnvideo wrote:

Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah