cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forever warranty

Mannon89
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have experience with a Houston area RV dealer named Demontrond who offers of forever warranty both on used and new RVs?
:Having:B fun traveling down the road with my sweetie (spouse of 35+years)
9 REPLIES 9

Mannon89
Explorer
Explorer
Thank yโ€™all so much!
:Having:B fun traveling down the road with my sweetie (spouse of 35+years)

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Pbutler97 wrote:
It's an income generator for the selling dealer's service department designed to keep their income coming forever. You have to take it in to the selling dealer for a yearly inspection that will set you back a couple hundred bucks or more to keep it in effect. Most will find something that needs addressed.

ON AN ANNUAL BASIS, YOU MUST PERFORM THE FOLLOWING MAINTENANCE
* Inspect roof and seal where necessary
* Inspect axles and hub, lube where necessary.
* Inspect furnace โ€“ clean blower and combustion chamber, control compartment, (remove any dust, lint, and obstructions) as necessary, test for gas line leaks.
* Inspect hot water heater โ€“ flush holding tank, manually operate pressure temperature relief valve, and clean burner tube (as outlined by the manufacturer), as necessary.

None of the required maintenance listed above is covered by the warranty.

Sir, your entire roof needs resealed, $1100.00, your bearings need packed $800.00, your gas lines all need adjusted $500.00, and we have blow lint out of the furnace valvulator, $200.00.

It's a shell game you can't win.

But, but I just got an offer for an extended warranty on my 7 year old truck with 100k miles.
Even said the engine was warrantiedโ€ฆ..which is weird since the engine and drivetrain has had a voided warranty (if a claim would have been made) since it was about a week oldโ€ฆ.
I wonder how they do it? Lol

PS just cracked 100k miles on the ole brodozer this week. Bought it with a little over 60k 2 years ago. It just outlived the warranty period with zero repairs needed. (Except exhaust manifold gaskets which I may have tried to get warranty on but considering how much easier they were to replace without that pesky EGR in the way, I decided it wasnโ€™t worth an argument).
Guess that disproves the โ€œdonโ€™t modify or delete or bad things will happenโ€ theoryโ€ฆ.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
If something sounds too good to be true...
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Pbutler97 hit the nail right on the head ^^^^ - and he didn't even need a hammer.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
It's an income generator for the selling dealer's service department designed to keep their income coming forever. You have to take it in to the selling dealer for a yearly inspection that will set you back a couple hundred bucks or more to keep it in effect. Most will find something that needs addressed.

ON AN ANNUAL BASIS, YOU MUST PERFORM THE FOLLOWING MAINTENANCE
* Inspect roof and seal where necessary
* Inspect axles and hub, lube where necessary.
* Inspect furnace โ€“ clean blower and combustion chamber, control compartment, (remove any dust, lint, and obstructions) as necessary, test for gas line leaks.
* Inspect hot water heater โ€“ flush holding tank, manually operate pressure temperature relief valve, and clean burner tube (as outlined by the manufacturer), as necessary.

None of the required maintenance listed above is covered by the warranty.

Sir, your entire roof needs resealed, $1100.00, your bearings need packed $800.00, your gas lines all need adjusted $500.00, and we have blow lint out of the furnace valvulator, $200.00.

It's a shell game you can't win.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kind of like the "lifetime" warranty another copany offered. Life was 2 years
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
There is a dealer in a Phoenix suburb that offers the "forever warranty". I recall that to keep the warranty in force that some sort of annual "go over" was required.
We don't do extended warranties - just pay to fix anything that I can't fix. I think it is money saved in the long run.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
An Aqua Hot that had annual maintenance as well as the rest of the coach was diagnosed as failed, fresh water coil leaking, was not covered because the "Aqua Hot was not a named component" A $10,000 fix of the interior heating and hot water heating system that was in the coach from new from the factory.
1995 Foretravel U320 40'
Cummins M11 400HP Allison 4060R

Explorer II
Explorer II
Here Are Some Reviews. Scroll down and read newest first.
There is a review mentioning the Forever Warranty. Read and understand the contract before you sign.

I haven't heard anything about the Houston locations as I live within a reasonable proximity to the Texas City location. I have heard nothing but bad experiences for them. I drive by there often but never stopped.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857