cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VanLeigh by Tiffin Fifth wheel

Mannon89
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have experience with this type of fifth wheel? I’m wanting to know if it’s a quality product since Tiffin is the manufacture.
:Having:B fun traveling down the road with my sweetie (spouse of 35+years)
9 REPLIES 9

nscaler2
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
Well no sh*t Sherlock. The point was they care way more about making money than than they do about the problems, issues, and just plain **** workmanship that came with the POS RV they suckered you into buying, and then they forgot about you in microseconds after you signed the sales agreement.
Well, sometimes you need to iterate your points rather than assuming, you know what they say about assume, everyone thinks as you do. Some of us don't demonize regulated capitalism.

And therein lies the problem. There isn't very much regulation in the RV industry. So, they can pump out whatever **** they see fit and the only recourse we have is to not buy from them again. Second problem-- they are pretty much all the same. So it really doesn't seem to matter much which brand of junk you buy. I own a Vanleigh Tiffin product that was produced in 2016. At that time the company was relatively new and did their very best to be responsive and solve problems. Also they didn't have as many problems as they do now. They were trying to establish a good reputation, which they did. Since Thor bought out Tiffen, getting in touch with Vanleigh has become considerably more difficult and time consuming. At this point they are no better or worse than most all the other brands out there. If you want a Vanleigh product, BUY USED, in the 2016 to 2018 time frame.
Vanleigh Vilano 325RL
w/Mor/ryde pin box
Mor/Ryde IS suspension with hydraulic disk brakes and never lube bearings
Goodyer G rated tires
2011 GMC 3500HD CC Lb
B&W turnover w/Companion

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pbutler97 wrote:
Well no sh*t Sherlock. The point was they care way more about making money than than they do about the problems, issues, and just plain **** workmanship that came with the POS RV they suckered you into buying, and then they forgot about you in microseconds after you signed the sales agreement.
Well, sometimes you need to iterate your points rather than assuming, you know what they say about assume, everyone thinks as you do. Some of us don't demonize regulated capitalism.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
... RVs are a by product of the main business, making money.
Wow, who'd a thunk. News flash: if they don't make money, they won't be making trailers very long.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pbutler97 wrote:
... RVs are a by product of the main business, making money.
Wow, who'd a thunk. News flash: if they don't make money, they won't be making trailers very long.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought a 2019 Vanleigh Pinecrest mainly because the factory is one hour from me, but have only been there once for minor punch list items.

My wife checks the Vanleigh FB page and they seem to have the same problems as most other brands.
A month ago I had two blow outs (WestLake) and will be taking it in for repairs.

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
Friend has a Beacon made by VanLeigh nice trailer but lots of troubles.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
Remember Thor now owns Tiffin. Their quality and QC will depend on how much policy Thor dictates.

Ken

Thor has NEVER acquired a brand and not cheapened it where quality and construction is concerned, including Airstream. RVs are a by product of the main business, making money.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Remember Thor now owns Tiffin. Their quality and QC will depend on how much policy Thor dictates.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Mannon89 wrote:
Does anyone have experience with this type of fifth wheel? I’m wanting to know if it’s a quality product since Tiffin is the manufacture.

While e do not own one we have been in several and they seam to be well built. We have also chatted with a few owners and all seam to be happy....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet